How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Tainted_Praise

How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43 pm

How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?

Knock

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Knock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?

It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Depends on your recommender

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am

I recently had one submitted via snail mail and it was processed by LSAC something like four days after it was dropped in the mail. My transcripts were processed at a similar speed. I imagine, however, that as we get closer to application season, processing times may lengthen.

chem

Postby chem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 am

Knock wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?

It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.

Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

chem wrote:
Knock wrote:

Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail over a week ago and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:

chem

Postby chem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

annyong wrote:
chem wrote:
Knock wrote:

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail last week and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:

They have not indicated that they have received it. Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid

annyong

Postby annyong » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

chem wrote:
annyong wrote:
chem wrote:Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail last week and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:

They have not indicated that they have received it. Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid

Yeah, this is somewhat reassuring, maybe it just takes a lot longer than I thought it would to get there. I was expecting a while for processing but not so much to be recieved - at least I hope both of ours haven't dissapeared!

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

I wouldn't worry about it, guys. I sent mine in around a month ago, and it took two weeks for them to "receive it," but I got an email (I think) one day saying it had been received and processed. I think they just update all at one time.

Return to “Law School FAQ”