How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Tainted_Praise
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43 pm

How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Knock » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?


It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby ran12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Depends on your recommender

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Samara » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am

I recently had one submitted via snail mail and it was processed by LSAC something like four days after it was dropped in the mail. My transcripts were processed at a similar speed. I imagine, however, that as we get closer to application season, processing times may lengthen.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby chem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 am

Knock wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?


It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.


Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby annyong » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 am

chem wrote:
Knock wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?


It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.


Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail over a week ago and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby chem » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:30 am

annyong wrote:
chem wrote:
Knock wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of recommendation?


It depends if your letter was faxed or snail mailed. Faxed they should be up very quickly, usually within one or two business days or faster. Snail mail takes a while, probably 3 weeks is a good guess, but depending on how far you live from where you are mailing the letters to (Pennsylvania), it may take slightly more or slightly fewer days.

Keep in mind processing times may differ based on when in the application season you send in your letter. In the summer it's probably a little faster than when most people are getting their letters sent in during the fall.


Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail last week and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:


They have not indicated that they have received it. Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby annyong » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

chem wrote:
annyong wrote:
chem wrote:Thank god. Mine was dropped in the mail around 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed yet. Transcripts are taking just as long. Obnoxious to say the least

Did it take that long to process or that long for LSAC to indicate that they've recieved it? My transcript got put in the mail last week and there's been no word that LSAC has gotten it, let alone processed it, and I'm getting paranoid since I've had my share of things get lost in the mail before :roll:


They have not indicated that they have received it. Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid

Yeah, this is somewhat reassuring, maybe it just takes a lot longer than I thought it would to get there. I was expecting a while for processing but not so much to be recieved - at least I hope both of ours haven't dissapeared!

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: How long does it take LSAC to receive your letters of...

Postby Real Madrid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

I wouldn't worry about it, guys. I sent mine in around a month ago, and it took two weeks for them to "receive it," but I got an email (I think) one day saying it had been received and processed. I think they just update all at one time.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriGold33 and 2 guests