So, how can you afford to survive while in law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
crossarmant

Silver

Re: So, how can you afford to survive while in law school?

Post by crossarmant » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Renzo wrote:It's the "well, I couldn't find a high-paying job in the field I went to college for within 90 days of graduation, so I figured the best thing to do was go to law school" crowd that I am against.
Not to derail this thread again, but I completely agree with you. This crowd frustrates me so much; the "I just graduated with a seemingly useless English (or History, Philosophy, Gender Studies, etc) degree and (surprisingly) can't find a job that isn't complete low level bull. Well, maybe I should go to law school, I don't need to know anything in particular and I don't need math. I guess my 3.8 in (insert silly field) will help."

And yes, all jobs are shitty. But some are less shitty and I (as do most people on TLS) find that law is a little less shitty than a lot of the rest.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 pm

crossarmant wrote:And yes, all jobs are shitty. But some are less shitty and I (as do most people on TLS) find that law is a little less shitty than a lot of the rest.
Yup. I work in retail, at a pretty damn good place nevertheless, and it blows. Don't like it. Money, until we are talking about a LOT, won't change that.

protip

New

Post by protip » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:10 am

Cocaine is one hell of a drug

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”