Firms prefer private law schools?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Firms prefer private law schools?

Yes
8
24%
No
26
76%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Two of the top 6 law schools are public. Hell, one is a community college. I don't think University of Chicago and NYU would be T6 if there was any stigma.


Actually both are private. Use UVA and Michigan to make your argument.


UChicago is part of the cities community college system.


Just Google it.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Two of the top 6 law schools are public. Hell, one is a community college. I don't think University of Chicago and NYU would be T6 if there was any stigma.


And 7 of the top 14: New York University, University of Chicago, Pennsylvania State University, University of California Berkeley, University of Virginia, University of Michigan, and University of Texas.


Again, Chicago and NYU are private.


Wow good catch, thanks for pointing that out!

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I don't think University of Chicago and NYU would be T6 if there was any stigma.


I can't tell if this is serious, but NYU and UChi are both private.


UIC is definitely public.


I believe there is some confusion. The University of Chicago is private. UIC and University of Chicago are two different things.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 pm

I went to the University of Illinois I think I'd know.

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby lawgod » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I don't think University of Chicago and NYU would be T6 if there was any stigma.


I can't tell if this is serious, but NYU and UChi are both private.


UIC is definitely public.


I believe there is some confusion. UIC and University of Chicago are two different things.


debatable.

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I went to the University of Illinois I think I'd know.


Why troll, bro?

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:I believe there is some confusion. The University of Chicago is private. UIC and University of Chicago are two different things.

You're funny.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I went to the University of Illinois I think I'd know.


Why troll, bro?


Why does a bird fly?

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I went to the University of Illinois I think I'd know.


Why troll, bro?


Why does a bird fly?


Why fly?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I don't think University of Chicago and NYU would be T6 if there was any stigma.


I can't tell if this is serious, but NYU and UChi are both private.


UIC is definitely public.


I believe there is some confusion. The University of Chicago is private. UIC and University of Chicago are two different things.


Wow good catch, thanks for pointing that out!

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Firms prefer private law schools?

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:01 pm

thesealocust wrote: Wow good catch, thanks for pointing that out!


I generally like your humor and wealth of information. Try not to settle.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, jetaew, MSNbot Media, patzan221, Photomike2 and 3 guests