Retake?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
brownpride

Retake?

Postby brownpride » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Scored a 173 on the June LSAT, and have a 4.18 GPA. My goal was HY and still remains so, but while I'm relatively certain I'll go there if I get in, I'm still weighing the option of going to a lower T-14 at which I might get some money. I know that 173 is enough for admission to most T-14 but not high enough for full rides. Ideally, if I don't get into/go to HY I'd like to go to Columbia, but I know my LSAT isn't high enough for money there.

Should I rewrite in October (and shoot for 177+) in order to really put myself up there in terms of scholarship consideration, or just forget about it and apply with what I have?

merlin2009

Re: Retake?

Postby merlin2009 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

brownpride wrote:Scored a 173 on the June LSAT, and have a 4.18 GPA. My goal was HY and still remains so, but while I'm relatively certain I'll go there if I get in, I'm still weighing the option of going to a lower T-14 at which I might get some money. I know that 173 is enough for admission to most T-14 but not high enough for full rides. Ideally, if I don't get into/go to HY I'd like to go to Columbia, but I know my LSAT isn't high enough for money there.

Should I rewrite in October (and shoot for 177+) in order to really put myself up there in terms of scholarship consideration, or just forget about it and apply with what I have?

I think you should be set being URM

bk1

Re: Retake?

Postby bk1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:37 pm

merlin2009 wrote:I think you should be set being URM

He's not URM, but still has a very good shot at H and I doubt a higher LSAT is going to change his chances at Y.

I don't think a retake is worth it when looking at people with those numbers on http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Return to “Law School FAQ”