To stay or not to stay in this relationship Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Should I stay in this relationship?

Break-up!
93%
Stay in the relationship and make it work you douche!
7%

Total votes: 163

bllardw

New

Re: To stay or not to stay in this relationship

Post by bllardw » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:Okay, I know this is pathetic that I am asking on this forum, but I cannot ask any of my friends because they are mutual friends of my girlfriend as well. Here is what you need to know. I will be starting law school this fall. I have been with my current girlfriend for about 3 years, but I am starting to feel like this relationship might not work. I will make a few points and you guys can let me know if I should break it off or not.
1. She is a bit needy and wants to move with me to law school. I initially liked the idea, but I am starting to realize that this might stop me from creating as big of a social network as I want to make in law school.
2. When I first met my girlfriend, I saw her with make-up on and thought she was very attractive. During all our dates, she wore make up. The first time I saw her without make-up was when we actually became a legitimate couple. The difference between her with make-up and without make-up is like night and day. I was shocked, but decided that I love her, so I stuck with the relationship.
3. I love working out and like playing sports. My girlfriend does not! I thought I could remedy this, but it doesn't seem to be working. She has gained weight and does not seem to want to lose it. I, on the other hand, am in pretty good shape and workout a lot.
4. As much as I hate it, I keep picturing myself dating more attractive girls. I keep wondering all the good stuff that I am missing out on. I am pretty sure I can do a lot better, but I have got so used to this damn relationship. I feel like, I wouldn't know how to go about without her.

What the hell should I do? Stay or break up before law school?
Let her go. Focus on your studies and securing your future. You also have some growing up to do. Be a man. Have a vision before your get into relationships with women. Handle your business.

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 pm

You sound shallow to me. You should break up with her so she can find someone better.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:44 pm

For the people complaining about girls getting irrational ITT. It's not that the OP's reasons are so ridiculous, it's that the presentation is hilarious.

You think guys wouldn't be a little defensive if a girl started a thread: "Should I dump my bf? He doesn't make enough money and I just recently started noticing how short he is. I just picture myself dating all the tall hot fratty dudes I see at the gym."

Total Litigator

Silver

Post by Total Litigator » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:48 pm

rayiner wrote:For the people complaining about girls getting irrational ITT. It's not that the OP's reasons are so ridiculous, it's that the presentation is hilarious.

You think guys wouldn't be a little defensive if a girl started a thread: "Should I dump my bf? He doesn't make enough money and I just recently started noticing how short he is. I just picture myself dating all the tall hot fratty dudes I see at the gym."
HOLY SHIT WHAT A PROSTITUTE! HOW THE HELL CAN SHE BE SO DAMN SHALLOW. GAAHHHHHHHH.

Point taken.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

If you felt the need to post this, then deep down you know you want to leave

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:If you felt the need to post this, then deep down you know you want to leave
You're missing his point. He wanted to validate himself by letting us know he's more worthwhile than his gf.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 pm

rayiner wrote:For the people complaining about girls getting irrational ITT. It's not that the OP's reasons are so ridiculous, it's that the presentation is hilarious.

i certainly wouldn't get defensive. i'd just think less of the girl, full stop.

perhaps i'd mock her for describing the presumably gel-haired new jersey meathead types at her gym as "fratty" though.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:

perhaps i'd mock her for describing the presumably gel-haired new jersey meathead types at her gym as "fratty" though.
Why would you think less of the girl?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 pm

i don't think people would be too outraged, people would probably just privately think she was douchey, like when someone ends a sentence with "full stop."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Why isn't there a choice for "Break up, you douche!"

Because you should break up, but that doesn't mean you aren't a douche. You are for stringing this poor girl along for three years, and also for not understanding after three years that you are looking for intimacy, not for sx.

albusdumbledore

Silver

Post by albusdumbledore » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 pm

All his complaints are fairly legitimate (except the makeup one--that's on him). I didn't take this as some kind of grand exercise in showboating though. I mean he comes off as rather pathetic and not very self-aware, but there are worse sins. He just asked a question with an obvious answer.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Also, since OP seems to have not been in the dating market since HS: do you think you can do better? You say you're an 8. Even assuming this is true, it doesn't have a whole lot of bearing on whether you can pull other 8s. An 8 could land dimes or he could be consistently pulling 5s. For guys, after a certain level its more about confidence/game then about looks, and that's a fact that cuts both ways.

Are you alpha enough to land a dime? Were you before you started dating your gf? Remember that being in a relationship tends to boost your confidence, especially if your gf builds up your self esteem and whatnot. You won't have that after you dump her.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

rayiner wrote:

i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a guy with money and good looks, but those dont seem like respectable reasons for ending a relationship.

my thought process reading an op like that would be something along the lines of "lol you really cant turn a ho to a housewife after all"
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 pm

You do NOT love this girl. If you did love her, you would not be calling her fat and ugly.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 pm

rayiner wrote:

i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a guy with money and good looks, but those dont seem like respectable reasons for ending a relationship.

my thought process reading an op like that would be something along the lines of "lol you really cant turn a ho to a housewife after all"
What are your thoughts on a guy ending a relationship because the girl gained weight?

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

[quote="rayiner"]

Are you alpha enough to land a dime? /quote]

He's apparently an alpha that has trouble distinguishing between dimes and non-dimes.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote: i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a guy with money and good looks, but those dont seem like respectable reasons for ending a relationship.

But nerdy guys who have asbergers wanting to lay 10s who do their cooking and cleaning are totally respectable in ending relationships for those reasons...especially when they are normal, mature, attractive and secure enough to post threads on the internet about the situation.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:41 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote: i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a guy with money and good looks, but those dont seem like respectable reasons for ending a relationship.

But nerdy guys who have asbergers wanting to lay 10s who do their cooking and cleaning are totally respectable in ending relationships for those reasons...especially when they are normal, mature, attractive and secure enough to post threads on the internet about the situation.
You seem upset?

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am

To make it match the OP's situation, she'd have to notice that he was wearing stilts at the beginning. :lol:

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 am

Rooney wrote:

To make it match the OP's situation, she'd have to notice that he was wearing stilts at the beginning. :lol:
Iono. I think you can tell what a girl looks like whether or not she has a ton of makeup on. It's just easier to ignore with the makeup on. So maybe the most analogous situation is a slim-cut suit, which tends to mask the fact that a guy is like 5-8.

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 am

rayiner wrote: Iono. I think you can tell what a girl looks like whether or not she has a ton of makeup on. It's just easier to ignore with the makeup on. So maybe the most analogous situation is a slim-cut suit, which tends to mask the fact that a guy is like 5-8.
Ha I think it's pretty easy to tell what's under the makeup (hence the obvious stilts).

Bolded: is that what my slim cut suits do for me? 8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BeaverHunter

New

Post by BeaverHunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

I'm going to go against the grain and say you should stick it out with her. Reason being, if you break up with her, you will probably never get laid again. Grow up.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 am

lawgod wrote:Why isn't there a choice for "Break up, you douche!"

RUM

New

Post by RUM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 am

[quote So maybe the most analogous situation is a slim-cut suit, which tends to mask the fact that a guy is like 5-8.[/quote]

What if he's wearing a slim-cut suit and platform shoes? Then you won't find out he's 5'8'' until the next morning. Then as he gets shorter and you work out all day to get taller, you're right back in OP's shoes. So really the solution to everyone's problems is just to leave in the morning before short man/makeup girl actually wake up. Or you can just pity date them until marriage like everyone else in the world.

p.s. this thread is great for a slow day at work.

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I should write a book about my life. It would make for an interesting story.
This would not make for an interesting story.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”