To stay or not to stay in this relationship Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Should I stay in this relationship?

Break-up!
93%
Stay in the relationship and make it work you douche!
7%

Total votes: 163

Thirteen

Diamond

Re: To stay or not to stay in this relationship

Post by Thirteen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

tobeornottobe wrote: I feel like there are reasons aside from looks for us to break up though. She is not motivated much. She does not want to go to grad school and only has a crap humanities degree. She says she will just work some shit job until I become a lawyer. I feel like she might be a bit immature as well. All I know is that I am a hard worker, and I want to do the best I can in law school. Last thing I want is for her to screw up my 1L year, which means everything. I should write a book about my life. It would make for an interesting story.
It seems like you don't want to be with her. Break up.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Holy shit. She's needy, ugly, and she's getting fat? Seems like you know what to do...

It upsets me whenever there's an attractiveness imbalance in a relationship...
Last edited by de5igual on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

tobeornottobe wrote: I sure hope so if I decide to end this relationship. It would be a shame if I break-up with my girlfriend only to find more of the same in law school.
Oh yeah, law students are notorious for being 10s who are willing to date aspie losers such as yourself. Cheers!

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I should write a book about my life. It would make for an interesting story.
I love how your name is a Hamlet reference and you then go on to suggest writing a memoir/autobiography. Hamlet is actually an apt allusion for you... he was whiny, ineffectual, and dumped Ophelia.

And P.S. As someone else who has a "crap humanities degree," let me assure you that your writing leaves much to be desired, as does your character. I do not see publishing in your future.

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 pm

f0bolous wrote:It upsets me whenever there's an attractiveness imbalance in a relationship...
Bad memories of being dumped, huh?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

What's so hard to believe about a 0L with a gravitational pull on women?

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Cade McNown wrote:What's so hard to believe about a 0L with a gravitational pull on women?
What, a 0L who weighs as much as a small planet?

You should check out the fat thread in the Lounge... there does seem to be a few 0Ls with a lot of self-hatred doing a lot of self-flagellating.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
IAFG wrote:
tobeornottobe wrote: I keep picturing myself dating more attractive girls.
I bet they aren't.
IAFG chimes in in every single hooking up/relationship thread to rip on anonymous male posters. Why?
You cannot possibly fathom the power her vagina has.

loomstate

Bronze

Post by loomstate » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

you have her v card and she's still hesitant about having sex citing religion? this is horrible. I am going to change my vote from should break up w/ her before 1L to must break up with her before 1L. Just because you guys went out for a long time doesn't mean she has to impede on your LS experience. Break up, try to stay friends.. if it feels right after LS you will always have a chance, that v card is more like an ace

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cade McNown

Silver

Post by Cade McNown » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

quixotical wrote:
Cade McNown wrote:What's so hard to believe about a 0L with a gravitational pull on women?
What, a 0L who weighs as much as a small planet?

You should check out the fat thread in the Lounge... there does seem to be a few 0Ls with a lot of self-hatred doing a lot of self-flagellating.
So you got the joke.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:13 pm

loomstate wrote:you have her v card and she's still hesitant about having sex

Someone's not doing it right.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:14 pm

bjsesq wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
IAFG wrote:
tobeornottobe wrote: I keep picturing myself dating more attractive girls.
I bet they aren't.
IAFG chimes in in every single hooking up/relationship thread to rip on anonymous male posters. Why?
You cannot possibly fathom the power her vagina has.
csb

tobeornottobe

New

Post by tobeornottobe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm

I am not trying to impress you with my writing on here. If I do end this relationship, I won't be looking to date anyone for a long ass f'in time. I went out with a couple girls in high school, and they turned out to be psychopaths. I told myself that it was just those two girls. I am starting to realize that there are a lot of crazy ass girls out there. They seem so sweet at the beginning, but then you start seeing the dark side after a few months. It's hard to come by a sane girl these days. Sadly, I feel like my current gf is the most sane girl I have dated. This is my last post. Thanks for entertaining a lost soul. Will see some of you in law school. I leave all you guys out there looking for a relationship worthy girl with two words: soap and water.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:17 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:csb
Whatever, Junior. Ask around.

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I leave all you guys out there looking for a relationship worthy girl with two words: soap and water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldt6Y-CE3s

quixotical

Bronze

Post by quixotical » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I am not trying to impress you with my writing on here. If I do end this relationship, I won't be looking to date anyone for a long ass f'in time. I went out with a couple girls in high school, and they turned out to be psychopaths. I told myself that it was just those two girls. I am starting to realize that there are a lot of crazy ass girls out there. They seem so sweet at the beginning, but then you start seeing the dark side after a few months. It's hard to come by a sane girl these days. Sadly, I feel like my current gf is the most sane girl I have dated. This is my last post. Thanks for entertaining a lost soul. Will see some of you in law school. I leave all you guys out there looking for a relationship worthy girl with two words: soap and water.
I don't even know where to start... :|

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I leave all you guys out there looking for a relationship worthy girl with two words: soap and water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegalOZqmEo

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tobeornottobe

New

Post by tobeornottobe » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 pm

LOL. Edit: Three words.

CaptainCrunch

New

Post by CaptainCrunch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 pm

The fact that you can stomach making this thread about her shows that your decision is clear. End it. She deserves better.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 pm

tobeornottobe wrote:I am not trying to impress you with my writing on here. If I do end this relationship, I won't be looking to date anyone for a long ass f'in time. I went out with a couple girls in high school, and they turned out to be psychopaths. I told myself that it was just those two girls. I am starting to realize that there are a lot of crazy ass girls out there. They seem so sweet at the beginning, but then you start seeing the dark side after a few months. It's hard to come by a sane girl these days. Sadly, I feel like my current gf is the most sane girl I have dated. This is my last post. Thanks for entertaining a lost soul. Will see some of you in law school. I leave all you guys out there looking for a relationship worthy girl with two words: soap and water.
My suggestion to you is to avoid procreating.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 pm

LOL @ the four people who voted to suck it up

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vpintz

Silver

Post by vpintz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes, because you're clearly /such/ a great catch...

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Though the OP needs to man up and end it, I don't think that he's being superficial to a point that its LOL worthy. The first thing I care about in a guy is looks. My best friend is a man who absolutely adores me, supports me, and is always there for me when I need him, but I would never consider dating him just because I'm not physically attracted to him AT ALL. If you have to force the attraction, there simply is none.

I'm sorry but if I was with a guy who used to hit the gym and was all buff and sexy when we started fucking, but then got too comfortable and became fat while I was still in shape, I would lose interest. If I'm working out trying to look good for you, I expect you to at least try to do the same for me. Reciprocity matters. Besides, I would want my man to still look at me and find me sexually desirable. If I know I'm out of shape but my man is hanging out with his boys in bars/clubs amongst gorgeous girls (admittedly this isn't the case of the OP), that's when the seeds of jealousy and insecurity start to set in.

Looks aren't everything, but I'm honest enough to admit that it matters a hell of a lot to me. In this regard, the only difference between me and the OP is that I would (and did) have the balls to admit I wasn't happy and leave.

Total Litigator

Silver

Post by Total Litigator » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm

You gave 4 good reasons to dump a girl. Any two in combination would be more than enough justification for me. In fact, for some of your reasons (read 'she's getting fat') only one reason would be necessary.

user08132021

Bronze

Post by user08132021 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 pm

From what I hear from others- she will dump you anyway and move back home if you are a dedicated 1L.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”