Early VS Late in cycle really matter? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
aclaw55

New

Early VS Late in cycle really matter?

Post by aclaw55 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

I took the Feb LSAT exam and applied to schools that usually accept my LSAT score, but was surprisingly rejected by a few. I was curious if I waited until next cycle for Fall of 2012 and applied Sept 1st coming up, is there a chance I get accepted with the same score that I was rejected with? I am not sure how much the cycle matters, and that ultimately will determine if I re-take or not. Thank you everyone!

CaptainCrunch

New

Re: Early VS Late in cycle really matter?

Post by CaptainCrunch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 am

Rising 2L here. From what I understand, it does make a significant difference. These schools have quotas and they accept students on a rolling basis. The early you apply the better. I wouldn't be surprised if the difference between a killer cycle and a mediocre cycle could be a month and a half.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 am

aclaw55 wrote:I was curious if I waited until next cycle for Fall of 2012 and applied Sept 1st coming up, is there a chance I get accepted with the same score that I was rejected with?
Yes.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

aclaw55 wrote:I took the Feb LSAT exam and applied to schools that usually accept my LSAT score, but was surprisingly rejected by a few. I was curious if I waited until next cycle for Fall of 2012 and applied Sept 1st coming up, is there a chance I get accepted with the same score that I was rejected with? I am not sure how much the cycle matters, and that ultimately will determine if I re-take or not. Thank you everyone!
Your chances are better applying before Thanksgiving.

But... if you can improve on the score, I dunno. October LSAT takers didn't fare any worse did they?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 am

Gemini wrote:
aclaw55 wrote:I was curious if I waited until next cycle for Fall of 2012 and applied Sept 1st coming up, is there a chance I get accepted with the same score that I was rejected with?
Yes.
My Feb LSAT WLs turned into admits after applying in Sept. Same score. Y rejected me, didn't change that :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

December LSAT > Applied in January. Had a great cycle so take that for what it's worth.

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:08 am

There is a great chance you'll get into those schools that rejected you if you apply early, even with the same LSAT. They call it rolling admissions for a reason.

Reapply early this fall. And do something significant over the spring or summer (ie. work, volunteer, intern, and/or retake LSAT) and enjoy the acceptances.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:18 pm

From my own experience, I would say it does. I didn't apply until late January (some even in very early Feb) and though I am atending a t20, my numbers def. would have carried me further up the rankings (based on number twins on LSN, school medians, etc.) if I had applied pre-thanksgiving.

If you can find something to do to fill the resume before you re-apply, I say go for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”