Cooley Law question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
androstan

Re: Cooley Law question

Postby androstan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm

ahduth wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
esq wrote:"It seems like Cooley like an oak tree, and the students are like acorns."

Are you from Cooley yourself?

No. That was not mean to sound as flattering for Cooley or it's grads. You can change the analogy to a lot of other things in nature... like 800 baby sea turtles swimming across the ocean, but 750 get eaten on the way.... take your pick of natural world comparison where a few survive out of a ton.

Sperm?

Perfect. Cooley grads are like millions of sperm, all struggling toward the same prize. All the other millions slowly expend their limited resources, twitching and writhing until they lie motionless, waiting for their internal machinery to simply stop.

lutcf2021

Postby lutcf2021 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm

dudders wrote:I just looked up one of my county's three prosecutors on LinkedIn and learned he graduated from Cooley ... I'm not one to bash other schools on TLS, but his degree, no joke, is listed as "juris doctrine."

I BEG of you to please post the link.

pruufreadr

Postby pruufreadr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Liberty Law is funnier

No it isn't. Not funny at all.

jselson

Postby jselson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 am

star fox

Postby star fox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 am

When your valedictorian in a class of 1000 can't find a job it's time to shut your doors.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 am

ahduth wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
esq wrote:"It seems like Cooley like an oak tree, and the students are like acorns."

No. That was not mean to sound as flattering for Cooley or it's grads. You can change the analogy to a lot of other things in nature... like 800 baby sea turtles swimming across the ocean, but 750 get eaten on the way.... take your pick of natural world comparison where a few survive out of a ton.

Sperm?

EXCEPT Cooley is like having your vas deferens cut. None survive.

star fox

Postby star fox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 am

stillwater wrote:
ahduth wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Sperm?

EXCEPT Cooley is like having your vas deferens cut. None survive.

Oh come on. They placed 1 whole graduate in a 500+ person firm. So as long as your dad is the top rainmaking partner somewhere you have a (slight) chance! :lol:

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 am

lutcf2021 wrote:
dudders wrote:I just looked up one of my county's three prosecutors on LinkedIn and learned he graduated from Cooley ... I'm not one to bash other schools on TLS, but his degree, no joke, is listed as "juris doctrine."

of all the shitthreads you could've necroed you had to pick one from 2 years ago about Cooley?

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:00 am

Ha, it's actually not that bad of a school if someone has a nice scholarship and is interested in smaller firms or an in-house job

thand42292

Postby thand42292 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 am

Teflon_Don wrote:Ha, it's actually not that bad of a school if someone has a nice scholarship and is interested in smaller firms or an in-house job is into sadomasochism and the idea of wasting time and money brings them indirect venereal pleasure

FTFE. HTH

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 am

Teflon_Don wrote:Ha, it's actually not that bad of a school if someone has a nice scholarship and is interested in smaller firms or an in-house job

Lol at in house jobs somehow being easy to get. This is a very bad choice. Period.

grapefruits

Postby grapefruits » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

jselson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RdhaEUA1H9Y

This kind of made me sad.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:04 pm

jselson wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RdhaEUA1H9Y

That made me so uncomfortable

scifiguy

Postby scifiguy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 pm

What is the psychological and intellectual make-up of a Cooley law school applicant and student (are these literally the absolute most gullible people in the United States)?

Do the students literally NEVER read anything online about Cooley? It's just so curious to me.

And how can these administrators and businessmen running Cooley not feel morally guilty inside for running a scam law school? Do they genuinely honestly honestly believe they are better than like Harvard, Cornell, UPenn, etc. at the #2 rank? Or do they know inside it's all a lie? What's the psychological and intellectual make-up of those running the place?

I feel like Cooley is worse than fiction/bad movie scenario. It's UNREAL that this is a real law school with the people running it making $$$ and students actually signing up to attend.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Crowing wrote:
lutcf2021 wrote:

of all the shitthreads you could've necroed you had to pick one from 2 years ago about Cooley?

Well, it worked. No one else noticed it was necroed AND it's pretty darn hilarious. So I say kudos.

Legacy Rabbit

Postby Legacy Rabbit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Teflon_Don wrote:Ha, it's actually not that bad of a school if someone has a nice scholarship and is interested in smaller firms or an in-house job

I am trying to understand this "Cooley hate" myself. I know two people: A black woman and a white man who both went to Cooley, both did the accelerated two year program, and are both doing VERY VERY well. The white male is seven years older than me, a senior manager and is making over $120k a year working in house for a tech company. He and another guy with a JD, held an intervention to detract me from going to law school this year. After I explained myself to the Cooley guy, he told me that he went to cooley and did the two year program. The black female herself is also making over $100k. If one is defining law school success by your annual income post five years after graduation.

The issue with Cooley is not so much the education, they give you the legal education what is needed to pass the multi-state bar and then some and that is it. There is no career service. You are on your own, and I think most people take issue with this.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:31 pm

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

jselson

Postby jselson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:I am trying to understand this "Cooley hate" myself.

Legacy Rabbit wrote:There is no career service. You are on your own.

scifiguy

Postby scifiguy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 pm

have you guys noticed that Cooley advertises here at TLS?

lutcf2021

Postby lutcf2021 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 am

Micdiddy wrote:
Crowing wrote:
lutcf2021 wrote:

Well, it worked. No one else noticed it was necroed AND it's pretty darn hilarious. So I say kudos.

Thank you kindly.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:14 pm

I know someone that went to Cooley and got a job.

Gunnar Stahl

Postby Gunnar Stahl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I know someone that went to Cooley and got a job.

cool

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:03 am

Ghost93 wrote:

cool

These people are endangered species.....it felt cool seeing one in the wild.

Gunnar Stahl

Postby Gunnar Stahl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Ghost93 wrote:

cool

These people are endangered species.....it felt cool seeing one in the wild.

[img]lolcooley[/img]
Last edited by Gunnar Stahl on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

THAT PICTURE

His face looks ashamed

Return to “Law School FAQ”