Retroactive withdrawal Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
neeko

Silver

Retroactive withdrawal

Post by neeko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 am

Has anyone had any luck asking for a retroactive withdrawal from classes you never attended and never dropped either? I've searched and found people mentioning it but nothing specific about how to actually go about receiving it.

Thanks for the help.

kazu

Gold

Re: Retroactive withdrawal

Post by kazu » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 am

Are you asking about UG or law school? Either way I'd think it would largely depend on school policy/rules.

superhands

New

Post by superhands » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:13 am

I don't know whether it will work at law school, but it definitely won't help to prevent pregnancy.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 am

superhands wrote:I don't know whether it will work at law school, but it definitely won't help to prevent pregnancy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 am

Undergrad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 pm

neeko wrote:Undergrad.
I did something like this about a month after the withdrawal deadline, but not after the semester was completed

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Retroactive withdrawals are usually done through the Office of the Dean in your college.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Corwin wrote:Retroactive withdrawals are usually done through the Office of the Dean in your college.
Thank you.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 pm

neeko wrote:
Corwin wrote:Retroactive withdrawals are usually done through the Office of the Dean in your college.
Thank you.
Good luck - I've never heard of any school that would do this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Corwin

Bronze

Post by Corwin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:16 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:
neeko wrote:
Thank you.
It's fairly common, often for rehabilitating circumstances like a medical condition that keeps a student bedridden. As you can imagine, the process itself is fairly stringent.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:
neeko wrote:
Thank you.
I had a close family member pass away during one semester and it adversely affected my grades. My other semesters of class were so strong the school administrators could tell it was an anomaly, so they granted my request. I retroactively withdrew from my second semester of freshman year while I was a rising senior, so a lot of time had passed. My excuse for the time lapse; I was honest and told them that I never knew it was an option, and if I had known I would have certainly petitioned at an earlier time.

To put it simply, make sure that you have a good excuse and it helps to have an otherwise strong undergraduate transcript. There is no harm in at least trying.

Good luck, OP.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:37 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
DocHawkeye wrote:
neeko wrote:
Thank you.
I had a close family member pass away during one semester and it adversely affected my grades. My other semesters of class were so strong the school administrators could tell it was an anomaly, so they granted my request. I retroactively withdrew from my second semester of freshman year while I was a rising senior, so a lot of time had passed. My excuse for the time lapse; I was honest and told them that I never knew it was an option, and if I had known I would have certainly petitioned at an earlier time.

To put it simply, make sure that you have a good excuse and it helps to have an otherwise strong undergraduate transcript. There is no harm in at least trying.

Good luck, OP.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. I hope this works, not counting on it but it would be great. Thanks again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”