Graduating from UG in December...will it mess up application

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bowersjl

Graduating from UG in December...will it mess up application

Postby bowersjl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I am graduating with my undergraduate degree in December of 2011. I plan to apply to law schools in the fall. Will it be a problem that I'll be applying to law schools without actually being a graduate? I figured I could send my final undergraduate transcript after I graduate in December.

Thanks

xmrmckenziex

Re: Graduating from UG in December...will it mess up application

Postby xmrmckenziex » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

No problem; you will just need to send a final updated transcript once you receive grades from your last semester's classes. At that point you may actually be accepted into some schools (depending on when you apply/when you complete and review your application).

Of course, you would have to find something to do between graduating in Dec. and starting law school the following fall.

japes

Postby japes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 pm

xmrmckenziex wrote:Of course, you would have to find something to do between graduating in Dec. and starting law school the following fall.

He could sit around and drink himself into a coma everyday, it wouldn't matter. If you're a December grad and apply in the fall you're not going to submit resume updates unless a school is taking forever or you're trying to get off a WL.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:37 am

japes wrote:
xmrmckenziex wrote:Of course, you would have to find something to do between graduating in Dec. and starting law school the following fall.

He could sit around and drink himself into a coma everyday, it wouldn't matter. If you're a December grad and apply in the fall you're not going to submit resume updates unless a school is taking forever or you're trying to get off a WL.

It might not matter for admissions, but it matters for finding a job

bowersjl

Postby bowersjl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 am

My degree will be in history secondary education. I plan on substitute teaching if possible.

Thanks for the insight everyone.

Return to “Law School FAQ”