LSAC Question - "College" Courses in High School

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
nothingtosee

LSAC Question - "College" Courses in High School

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm

So I'm a little confused by the LSAC calculation explanation.

Here's my problem:

In high school I took two "college courses." They were through the state university of the state I resided in, and would have counted for any state university had I gone to college there. However, I went to an out of state school that did not accept these courses. So they do not show up on my university transcript. If I track down these transcripts through my high school/through the state university, can I use them to bump up my UGPA? (Needless to say, they were very easy courses, and would help me out).

Thanks!

delusional

Re: LSAC Question - "College" Courses in High School

Postby delusional » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Not only can you, you are required to. Do it early so you're not going to have your apps delayed by transcripts that you didn't think counted. (That happened to me.)

krasivaya

Postby krasivaya » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 pm

delusional wrote:Not only can you, you are required to. Do it early so you're not going to have your apps delayed by transcripts that you didn't think counted. (That happened to me.)

How did they delay you? Did the LSAC contact you and ask you to add them? That sucks man :(

delusional's answer is on point though.

delusional

Postby delusional » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 pm

krasivaya wrote:
delusional wrote:Not only can you, you are required to. Do it early so you're not going to have your apps delayed by transcripts that you didn't think counted. (That happened to me.)

How did they delay you? Did the LSAC contact you and ask you to add them? That sucks man :(

delusional's answer is on point though.

Actually, it showed up on an alert on my LSAC account, but it waas a pain and a half to get the transcripts, and a classmate of mine assured me that he'd never ended up getting it, and he was accepted, etc. But they must have added something to the system between the 09-10 cycle and the 10-11 cycle, because it wouldn't even let me apply. So AFTER my apps were ready, AFTER I had already waited till the December results were out, I had to call the school and track down a faculty member who was away, and have the stuff sent. It cost me three agonizing weeks or so. But I think my PS was a little more polished by the end.

Return to “Law School FAQ”