Senior year GPA consideration? -sorry if its a repeat

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
roadie

Senior year GPA consideration? -sorry if its a repeat

Postby roadie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 pm

This is likely a repeat question, but would a law school take into consideration your fall semester senior year GPA?

I've read that if your cumulative GPA at the end of junior year is not up to par, but is on an upward trend, colleges will allow you to report your fall semester grades and take your latest GPA into account when making decisions.

Also, when law schools report their statistics, the UG GPA's that they report are the cumulative GPA's through their senior year, correct?

Magnolia

Re: Senior year GPA consideration? -sorry if its a repeat

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:50 pm

If you apply after fall grades come out, then they will take your fall grades into consideration.

If fall grades come out after you apply but before you've received a decision, then you can submit an updated transcript and it will be considered. Sometimes schools will request fall grades before making a decision on borderline applicants.

If you apply and receive a decision before fall grades come out, then they will not be considered.

Yes, your cumulative GPA through senior year is what gets reported.

roadie

Re: Senior year GPA consideration? -sorry if its a repeat

Postby roadie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 pm

I thought most law schools did not have deadlines later than november. i see this is not the case.

Return to “Law School FAQ”