Applying to Law school Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
thainess

New

Applying to Law school

Post by thainess » Sat May 21, 2011 2:32 am

I will be graduating with a baccalaureate this DEC 2011 i'll be at the age of 20 with a degree in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University (ranked 22 in US and #1 in Tx for CJ i think). it took me 2 and 1/2 years to complete my degree.

Im also going to be taking my LSAT this Oct. I am reading that to apply to law school you must HOLD a baccalaureate. i am guessing i will be unable to apply till i graduate?

my main question is that if i cant apply till i graduate would Late December to early January be to late to apply to law school?

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Re: Applying to Law school

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Sat May 21, 2011 2:35 am

You need to hold a bachelor's degree at the time you start law school; it's fine to apply in your last year of college as long as you will receive the degree prior to your first law term.

Two and a half years seems short for a BA; how did you manage that?

thainess

New

Re: Applying to Law school

Post by thainess » Sat May 21, 2011 2:39 am

Gideon Strumpet wrote:You need to hold a bachelor's degree at the time you start law school; it's fine to apply in your last year of college as long as you will receive the degree prior to your first law term.

Two and a half years seems short for a BA; how did you manage that?

ok thanks

i doubled up my summer school taking at my University and taking at community college, its alot of work and alot to keep up with.... not to mention i work 30 hours a week

Return to “Ask a Law Student”