ITT: Post HORRIBLE exam stories that resulted in a B+ or bet

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Aqualibrium

Re: ITT: Post HORRIBLE exam stories that resulted in a B+ or bet

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Just out of curiosity, what school? If you don't want to out the school, can you give a range?

T30.

Fordham

See http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140545&p=3711475#p3711475

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 pm

A grade of B+ can be anything from top of the curve to below median.

mths

Postby mths » Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

quakeroats wrote:A grade of B+ can be anything from top of the curve to below median.

womp womp

straxen

Postby straxen » Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 am

Totally misread an extremely material fact on a fact pattern that entirely changed the doctrine in question--question was worth 40% of the grade. Still got an A since I redeemed myself on the policy questions. Most of my responses on the other questions were used in the model.

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 am

Couldn't sleep night before, terrible disease that I later found out was mono (symptoms developed after first tests). Threw up in bathroom midway through exam because I was dizzy as fuck. Missed an issue pretty badly. Forgot my book and some of the questions were direct quotations from cases.

A

How? I know not.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 am

straxen wrote:Totally misread an extremely material fact on a fact pattern that entirely changed the doctrine in question--question was worth 40% of the grade. Still got an A since I redeemed myself on the policy questions. Most of my responses on the other questions were used in the model.

O god, I hope this is me with property this semester. Totally messed up a RAP question but rocked the policy part.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:26 pm

To make myself (and everyone who is in the middle of finals) feel better, I got an B+ in Con Law after zoning out in class all semester and only studying 3-4 days before the exam. And Con Law shouldn't be a class you can do that in.

I'm doing that Emergency Cram thing now too. Starting to actually get a headache from all the espresso. We'll see if it works again.

fluffybunny

Postby fluffybunny » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Skipped the last 2 pages of my Civ Pro II exam. Didn't have any idea I'd done it until I heard a gunner complaining about how hard the choice of law question was and I was like, "choice of what, now?"

Realized my mistake, moped around about my lost class rank. Sighed heavily and frequently. Annoyed the shit out of my friends and husband. Got an A+. Law School is ridiculous.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm

fluffybunny wrote:Skipped the last 2 pages of my Civ Pro II exam. Didn't have any idea I'd done it until I heard a gunner complaining about how hard the choice of law question was and I was like, "choice of what, now?"

Realized my mistake, moped around about my lost class rank. Sighed heavily and frequently. Annoyed the shit out of my friends and husband. Got an A+. Law School is ridiculous.

okay. now that. is fucking crazy.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

As an 0L, I'm not sure if this thread is a relief that its indeed possible to get good grades in law school, or if just reinforces the statement that grades are in essence arbitrary.

WhirledWorld

Postby WhirledWorld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 pm

Spent an hour during a torts exam answering the wrong question. With 10 minutes left, I re-read the prompt and realized I was answering a question the prompt specifically told us to ignore. Spent the last ten minutes furiously deleting and editing my answer resulting in an incoherent mess. Professor gave me an A+ for my answer anyway.

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Br3v wrote:As an 0L, I'm not sure if this thread is a relief that its indeed possible to get good grades in law school, or if just reinforces the statement that grades are in essence arbitrary.

I'll let you know in a few weeks, cause finals start Tuesday and I haven't studied shit.

fluffybunny

Postby fluffybunny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

thesteelers wrote:
fluffybunny wrote:Skipped the last 2 pages of my Civ Pro II exam. Didn't have any idea I'd done it until I heard a gunner complaining about how hard the choice of law question was and I was like, "choice of what, now?"

okay. now that. is fucking crazy.

I thought so too. I'm not complaining, but something seems off...

rheannabanana

Postby rheannabanana » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:49 am

Br3v wrote:As an 0L, I'm not sure if this thread is a relief that its indeed possible to get good grades in law school, or if just reinforces the statement that grades are in essence arbitrary.

+1

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 am

Went to first day of crim law, never went back. No joke. Sitting outside that exam, my last one, decided I would just type from the outline I had printed out from the G drive the night before because I honestly knew nothing. On the exam, I didn't know any actual criminal law, so I blurted some random crap about statutory interpretation and essentially argued with myself about the criminal law statute he provided - never figured out whether the guy would be guilty or not.

A.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 am

Aqualibrium wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Just out of curiosity, what school? If you don't want to out the school, can you give a range?

T30.

Fordham

See http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140545&p=3711475#p3711475

180 thread btw.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:You give me hope and I salute you sir!

FTR, I can offer some support to the idea that what Bronx Bum did is doable by mortals. I learned supplemental jurisdiction the day before the exam by just reading the E&E. Got one of the model answers on it. You'd be shocked how far just APPLYING the facts will get you. Creative arguments that tie the facts to the law escape most law students because of things like time pressure, anxiety, not understanding that this is the goal, a lack of creativity, etc.

Bingo. Extremely well put.

ricekrispies

Postby ricekrispies » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:52 am

All this thread is telling me is that, when I get to law school, I will literally have to put in even less work than I already do in undergrad.

schweitziro

Postby schweitziro » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:58 pm

ricekrispies wrote:All this thread is telling me is that, when I get to law school, I will literally have to put in even less work than I already do in undergrad.

:roll:

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:01 pm

ricekrispies wrote:All this thread is telling me is that, when I get to law school, I will literally have to put in even less work than I already do in undergrad.

If you had to put in work as an undergrad, then maybe you should reconsider going to law school.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:

If you had to put in work as an undergrad, then maybe you should reconsider going to law school.

No.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:26 pm

fl0w wrote:1st semester torts. I literally ran out of time during the last question of the exam. My response?
1) switch to all caps
2) start typing in outline mode

It looks something like this. Literally it was in all caps. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to draw more attention to the fact that I was running out of time.

I'M SORRY I'M RUNNING REALLY SHORT ON TIME.. HERE'S AN OUTLINE OF THE REST
ISSUE 1
ELEMENT - SATISFIED EXPLANATION / NOT SATISFIED EXPLANATION
ELEMENT - SATISFIED EXPLANATION / NOT SATISFIED EXPLANATION
PROBABLE RESULT
ISSUE 2

Was my best exam.

I heard about somebody doing this at my school, got the high score in that class, apparently.

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:

No.

Please explain.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:33 pm

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:

No.

Please explain.

That statement was both dumb and douchey. You want me to go into more detail?

A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A wrote:

No.

That statement was both dumb and douchey. You want me to go into more detail?[/quote]
I thought that we're supposed to respond to douchey statements with douchey statements on TLS.

Return to “Law School FAQ”