Now what?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Emeth!

Now what?

Postby Emeth! » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Already accepted, now i've got a speeding ticket do i notify schools?

LoyalRebel

Re: Now what?

Postby LoyalRebel » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Most schools I applied to didn't want to hear about minor traffic violations.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm

This happened to me too. I emailed all the schools and some didn't care, some didn't care and wanted documentation for the bar, and others wanted a complete explanation. You should disclose it b/c if you don't and then disclose it on your bar app, you could be denied for the bar. The bar makes you disclose speeding tickets. Better safe than sorry.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:43 pm

ran12 wrote:You should disclose it b/c if you don't and then disclose it on your bar app, you could be denied for the bar. The bar makes you disclose speeding tickets. Better safe than sorry.
+1

You Gotta Have Faith

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:52 pm

ran12 wrote: The bar makes you disclose speeding tickets.

This is something I did not know. But I'm glad I do now.

Does it include all minor violations (running a stop sign, jaywalking, expired plates, etc. etc.)? Or just speeding?

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:55 pm

You Gotta Have Faith wrote:Does it include all minor violations (running a stop sign, jaywalking, expired plates, etc. etc.)? Or just speeding?

If you have to ask if you should disclose, then disclose. More often than not, they will not care. But it will be cathartic to disclose so you do not need to worry about it affecting your future.

You Gotta Have Faith

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:08 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
You Gotta Have Faith wrote:Does it include all minor violations (running a stop sign, jaywalking, expired plates, etc. etc.)? Or just speeding?

If you have to ask if you should disclose, then disclose. More often than not, they will not care. But it will be cathartic to disclose so you do not need to worry about it affecting your future.

Yeah, I think that's probably the safe thing to do. I just wondered, generally. Since I don't have anything major, I'm not terribly worried about it.

Return to “Law School FAQ”