Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
LegallyBlonde77
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Postby LegallyBlonde77 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I was issued a citation for speeding over three years ago and did not disclose this on my application to the University of Wisconsin. Currently I am waitlisted at UW and it is my top choice of schools. Should I disclose this speeding ticket? Will it negatively affect my admission to the Wisconsin Bar Association? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Postby loblaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:11 pm

I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.

Kaves
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Postby Kaves » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:20 pm

LegallyBlonde77 wrote:I was issued a citation for speeding over three years ago and did not disclose this on my application to the University of Wisconsin. Currently I am waitlisted at UW and it is my top choice of schools. Should I disclose this speeding ticket? Will it negatively affect my admission to the Wisconsin Bar Association? Any insight is greatly appreciated!


I was at the ASW last weekend and they made it very clear that you absolutely have to disclose that info, and that they dont care at all but their file and the C&F file after graduation need to match.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Postby Verity » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 pm

loblaw wrote:I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.


But they DO care about failure to disclose accurate information, especially when requested. It's not worth the risk to be lazy.

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Do I need to disclose speeding tickets for UW-Madison?

Postby loblaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Verity wrote:
loblaw wrote:I did their application--yes, you should have disclosed it. I would send it after the LOCI, but you should definitely send it in a VERY brief addendum. No, the bar won't care. Speeding is not a C&F issue. Nobody cares.


But they DO care about failure to disclose accurate information, especially when requested. It's not worth the risk to be lazy.


Exactly. Why risk appearing dishonest when no one cares about a stupid speeding ticket?




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests