Religion and Moving in with Girlfriend Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
westinghouse60

Bronze

Re: Religion and Moving in with Girlfriend

Post by westinghouse60 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 am

Lol, this reminds me of a situation a friend is in: his GF won't have sex with him because she belongs to a religion that holds that if you have any premarital sex, you are instantly damned to hell, and there's nothing you can do about it. My friend has had premarital sex.

So I had to ask him, "How are you ok with dating a girl who honestly thinks you're going to burn in hell for all eternity? Doesn't that make day to day interaction kind of awkward? Either she isn't as religious as she thinks and doesn't truly believe, or shes a huge sociopath who isn't bothered by the notion of you spending all eternity in unimaginable suffering." He didn't have a good reply.

Glad it worked out for you though OP lol.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 am

westinghouse60 wrote:Lol, this reminds me of a situation a friend is in: his GF won't have sex with him because she belongs to a religion that holds that if you have any premarital sex, you are instantly damned to hell, and there's nothing you can do about it. My friend has had premarital sex.

So I had to ask him, "How are you ok with dating a girl who honestly thinks you're going to burn in hell for all eternity? Doesn't that make day to day interaction kind of awkward? Either she isn't as religious as she thinks and doesn't truly believe, or shes a huge sociopath who isn't bothered by the notion of you spending all eternity in unimaginable suffering." He didn't have a good reply.
That's why I don't associate with people like that. They may shroud it in genuine concern for me or wrap it up in "Christ's love," but at the end of the day, they still think billions of good, decent people are going to spend an eternity burning in hell for not accepting their silly dogma. To me, that's pretty twisted.

CaptainCrunch

New

Post by CaptainCrunch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:45 am

westinghouse60 wrote:Lol, this reminds me of a situation a friend is in: his GF won't have sex with him because she belongs to a religion that holds that if you have any premarital sex, you are instantly damned to hell, and there's nothing you can do about it. My friend has had premarital sex.

Glad it worked out for you though OP lol.
Woah. What religion is this where premarital sex equals unequivocal hellfire without any chance of forgiveness?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”