LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Eni

New

LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers

Post by Eni » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello, i have foreign law school degree, and this year i will pursue my Masters of law. Before the classes start i want to take some English course (3-6 weeks) but not sure which to choose. Do you have any suggestions?
Also I am interested to know what the other LLM students do to prepare for the classes. At this point I am little scared how to catch up with all of the American students, because it is logical that they are in advance because they will study on their native language.
I scored 98 on TOEFL, and would like to know about other LLM students and their results.
Thanks!:)

andyllop

New

Re: LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers

Post by andyllop » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 am

Eni. I'm also enrolling in a LLM Program this fall. I'm first taking care of the daily issues such as housing, furniture and others, and then I'll look into the academics. Although most law schools offer summer classes to ´prepare´ foreign students for this experience. TOEFL ? 112.

Eni

New

Post by Eni » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks for post. I already moved to the States, so I don't have to worry about anything except school at this moment!
I decided to take a general course, just for 5-6 weeks to help me to prepare and feel better.
On TOEFL i scored 98.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 am

If you don't mind me asking, where are you both doing your LLMs?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”