LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Eni

LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers

Postby Eni » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello, i have foreign law school degree, and this year i will pursue my Masters of law. Before the classes start i want to take some English course (3-6 weeks) but not sure which to choose. Do you have any suggestions?
Also I am interested to know what the other LLM students do to prepare for the classes. At this point I am little scared how to catch up with all of the American students, because it is logical that they are in advance because they will study on their native language.
I scored 98 on TOEFL, and would like to know about other LLM students and their results.
Thanks!:)

andyllop

Re: LLM program in New York for foreign educated lawyers

Postby andyllop » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 am

Eni. I'm also enrolling in a LLM Program this fall. I'm first taking care of the daily issues such as housing, furniture and others, and then I'll look into the academics. Although most law schools offer summer classes to ´prepare´ foreign students for this experience. TOEFL ? 112.

Eni

Postby Eni » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks for post. I already moved to the States, so I don't have to worry about anything except school at this moment!
I decided to take a general course, just for 5-6 weeks to help me to prepare and feel better.
On TOEFL i scored 98.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 am

If you don't mind me asking, where are you both doing your LLMs?

Return to “Law School FAQ”