Should I go for it-Law School?? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
divinelygolden

New

Should I go for it-Law School??

Post by divinelygolden » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 pm

This past year (2010) has been extremely trying for me including finally paying for the LSAT prep course. I was schedule to take the LSAT in Feb, but knew that after commencing 2011 with the death of my loved one I knew I was not emotionally nor mentally proficient to do well. After doing so, I decided that I would just post pone my applications until next fall and suck it up. However, after evaluating my job, I decided maybe applying this fall isn’t so bad. So my question is, Can I apply to law schools stating that I will take the lsat in June. Or is this something that must be complete upon submitting my applications?

HugerThanSoup

Bronze

Re: Should I go for it-Law School??

Post by HugerThanSoup » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm sorry that you've had such a rough year. Unfortunately, the June LSAT will be too late for you to apply this cycle. If you're truly dedicated to going to law school, wait until next year to apply - and do so early, as it will maximize your chances of getting accepted. Best of luck.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:08 pm

HugerThanSoup wrote:I'm sorry that you've had such a rough year. Unfortunately, the June LSAT will be too late for you to apply this cycle. If you're truly dedicated to going to law school, wait until next year to apply - and do so early, as it will maximize your chances of getting accepted. Best of luck.
OP, if you are already thinking about law school, and do want to apply next cycle, you can put yourself at a huge advantage by being prepared this early on so you can apply early in the cycle next year. You can study for and take the June/Oct LSAT, and figure out the application process now and this summer so you can apply in October. So don't stop reading and researching and studying just because you aren't applying this cycle. I am also sorry to hear about what you are going through. I hope everything goes well for you and that you'll be alright. Good luck in everything.

divinelygolden

New

Post by divinelygolden » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks so much for your replies and compassion, really appreciate it I will get prepared for the next cycle!

jfb

Bronze

Post by jfb » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Why not prepare for June, so that if necessary, you can retake in October and still get apps out pretty early that fall

ArghItsBlarg

Bronze

Post by ArghItsBlarg » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:22 pm

On the plus side, taking the June LSAT is a great time to take it for next fall's application cycle, leaving you two opportunities for a retake if you feel it necessary. Keep doing practice tests and perhaps start on your personal statement - most schools have equally vague requirements for the subject matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”