LSDAS GPA Question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
legalmo

LSDAS GPA Question

Postby legalmo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Hello, first time poster here. I'm currently a freshman in college and last semester (my first) I dropped a math class. It did not effect my GPA, and instead shows up as a "DR" on my transcript. Since this was a withdrawal without failing, would it count as an F? I've tried plugging my grades in with and without the F and as you can imagine my GPA takes a serious hit.

So what do you guys think?

kalvano

Re: LSDAS GPA Question

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't believe non-punitive withdrawls hurt you.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:58 pm

kalvano wrote:I don't believe non-punitive withdrawls hurt you.

legalmo

Postby legalmo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick response. That is great news then. I also had another question, but I'm not sure if I should make a separate thread for it..?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

legalmo wrote:Wow, thanks for the quick response. That is great news then. I also had another question, but I'm not sure if I should make a separate thread for it..?

Shoot.

legalmo

Postby legalmo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm

I've been trying to narrow down what areas of law I'd like to practice. I'm leaning more towards corporate law, but I'm worried that my math skills will hinder me. Being an English major I do not run in to much math, and when I do I have a very hard time. Does my skill set sort of push me in to academia/litigation/etc.?

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm

legalmo wrote:Hello, I'm currently a freshman in college

Why are you on TLS!?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

legalmo wrote:I've been trying to narrow down what areas of law I'd like to practice. I'm leaning more towards corporate law, but I'm worried that my math skills will hinder me. Being an English major I do not run in to much math, and when I do I have a very hard time. Does my skill set sort of push me in to academia/litigation/etc.?

Doesn't matter. You don't pick a law school major.

Just enjoy life right now and you'll get exposure to it in law school. Decide then.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:20 pm

legalmo wrote:I've been trying to narrow down what areas of law I'd like to practice. I'm leaning more towards corporate law, but I'm worried that my math skills will hinder me. Being an English major I do not run in to much math, and when I do I have a very hard time. Does my skill set sort of push me in to academia/litigation/etc.?

Non-engineer means you probably won't make it in patent law, even if you can get admitted to the patent bar.

Aside from that you're too early in your academic career to be thinking about specialty fields unless you already have a law job lined up (i.e., taking over your parents' practice).

legalmo

Postby legalmo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Thank you for answering my questions, those were my only nagging concerns. I'll leave now, but I'll be back in three years.

Gotta go study, later.

Return to “Law School FAQ”