Fair Grading Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
vtoodler

Bronze

Fair Grading

Post by vtoodler » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 am

Would you say that your law school professors grade fairly?

Have you been happy or unhappy with your grades, and do you often get grades that you don't expect?

Geat27

New

Re: Fair Grading

Post by Geat27 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 am

Within the law school system, I think professors are very scrupulous graders. However, evaluating a semester's work, learning, and intellectual development by means of four or five three-hour exams always struck me as arbitrary and unfair.

I started out law school with poor grades that I did not expect. Now I get medium grades that I can usually predict.

vtoodler

Bronze

Post by vtoodler » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:38 am

Any other responses?

jbarl1

Silver

Post by jbarl1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

vtoodler wrote:Any other responses?
The anonymous grading system is an attempt to make things as fair as possible, though professors usually reserve the right to change grades based on class performance. I was not really surprised by any of my grades. Exams that I thought were easy were thought to be easy by everyone, so it didn't surprise me when those grades turned out to be my lowest (still above median). The harder exams I did better on because I felt I was more prepared than my classmates. I think it all turns on knowing how to take a law school exam and preparing yourself as best you can for the process.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”