Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby dr123 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Cooley, Florida Coastal, maybe MAYBE yale

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:49 pm

.
Last edited by 98234872348 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby Stanford4Me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Pepperdine.

User avatar
retake
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby retake » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

T1?

T30?

T25?

T20?

T17?

T14?

T10?

T6?

HYS?

HY?

Yale?

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby flcath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 pm

What does it mean to separate this from both USNews rankings and lay prestige?

Edit: But I do appreciate the "let's be realistic" line in the thread title.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Anacreon wrote:Beyond lay prestige and USNWR rankings, which law schools can realistically be considered elite? t14 + Texas, UCLA, Vanderbilt, USC, WUSTL, GWU, Emory? Who am I missing...or am I being too liberal?


I like how you say "Beyond ... USNWR rankings" and then list schools in order of their USNWR ranking without omitting any before ending at Emory. Thread should be titled "Where in the USNWR rankings does elite status end"? In which case, T14.

bigben
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby bigben » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

None of them. Law school is for strivers whose best case scenario is to become a slightly upper middle class, severely overworked wage slave.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby flcath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Anacreon wrote:Beyond lay prestige and USNWR rankings, which law schools can realistically be considered elite? t14 + Texas, UCLA, Vanderbilt, USC, WUSTL, GWU, Emory? Who am I missing...or am I being too liberal?


I like how you say "Beyond ... USNWR rankings" and then list schools in order of their USNWR ranking without omitting any before ending at Emory. Thread should be titled "Where in the USNWR rankings does elite status end"? In which case, T14.

Heinous GULC trolling

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

T-14/thread.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby notanumber » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm

vamedic03 wrote:Litchfield Law School - everything else is TTT.

1100 grads - 2 VP's, 101 Congressmen, 28 Senators, 6 cabinet secretaries, 3 SCOTUS justices


TITCR.

Litchfield was so baller that they didn't even give out degrees or have exams. You just went there for awhile and eventually the guy who ran it would write you a letter of recommendation.

A certain school in New Haven was little more than a cheap Litchfield knock-off founded by a guy whose legal education was hand copying some other guy's Litchfield lecture notes.

flcath
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby flcath » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:30 pm

notanumber wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:Litchfield Law School - everything else is TTT.

1100 grads - 2 VP's, 101 Congressmen, 28 Senators, 6 cabinet secretaries, 3 SCOTUS justices


TITCR.

Litchfield was so baller that they didn't even give out degrees or have exams. You just went there for awhile and eventually the guy who ran it would write you a letter of recommendation.

A certain school in New Haven was little more than a cheap Litchfield knock-off founded by a guy whose legal education was hand copying some other guy's Litchfield lecture notes.

Interesting... Litchfield Law School trolling...

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby clintonius » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
bob sacamano wrote:
Anacreon wrote:Beyond lay prestige and USNWR rankings, which law schools can realistically be considered elite? t14 + Texas, UCLA, Vanderbilt, USC, WUSTL, GWU, Emory? Who am I missing...or am I being too liberal?
Harvard, Yale, Stanford.

MAYBE Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, Chicago.
MAYBE Chicago? Seriously? Take your four posts elsewhere.

You're going to get pissy about "maybe" Chicago, but not "maybe" Columbia? Take youre whopping 135 posts elsewhere.

Also,
KibblesAndVick wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Princeton Law, maybe Dartmouth Law (not UMass Dartmouth)


"Princeton University does award honorary degrees of law. Sonia Sotomayor, then Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit now Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States received an Honorary Doctor of Law Degrees from Princeton University."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Law_School

They've given out less than 200 law degrees. Bill Clinton has one. So do Lawrence Summers and Paul Volker. Kofi Annan got one too, but he was URM.

I lol'd

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby Longhorn88 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:50 pm

This thread is pointless. Truly elite students skip their high school prom because they're taking the bar the next day.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby notanumber » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 pm

flcath wrote:
notanumber wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:Litchfield Law School - everything else is TTT.

1100 grads - 2 VP's, 101 Congressmen, 28 Senators, 6 cabinet secretaries, 3 SCOTUS justices


TITCR.

Litchfield was so baller that they didn't even give out degrees or have exams. You just went there for awhile and eventually the guy who ran it would write you a letter of recommendation.

A certain school in New Haven was little more than a cheap Litchfield knock-off founded by a guy whose legal education was hand copying some other guy's Litchfield lecture notes.

Interesting... Litchfield Law School trolling...


No trollin' here. . . I didn't get in.

There's some thought that Staples, the guy who founded YLS, fronted about having gone to Litchfield. Isaac Parker, the guy who founded HLS, regularly talked about using Litchfield as his model.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby artichoke » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Wait until I decide where I'm going, then I'll let you know.

User avatar
KibblesAndVick
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby KibblesAndVick » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm

The fact that I learned something new and interesting from this thread really surprises me...

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby DeeCee » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 pm

KibblesAndVick wrote:The fact that I learned something new and interesting from this thread really surprises me...


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:The one that will get you a job that you want.


This was not given enough credit.

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby 2011Law » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 pm

The only law school worth going to is Princeton Law School. All others are simply second class.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

2011Law wrote:The only law school worth going to is Princeton Law School. All others are simply second class.


The 4th "Princeton Law" joke in 2 pages.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby megaTTTron » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
2011Law wrote:The only law school worth going to is Princeton Law School. All others are simply second class.


The 4th "Princeton Law" joke in 2 pages.


Yea this thread (and the 500 like it that were started this past month) is (are) getting old.

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby 2011Law » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
2011Law wrote:The only law school worth going to is Princeton Law School. All others are simply second class.


The 4th "Princeton Law" joke in 2 pages.


Yea this thread (and the 500 like it that were started this past month) is (are) getting old.



My bad, didn't check the other posts. I'll do that next time.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 pm

retake wrote:HYSCCN are the only truly elite schools, and that's being EXTREMELY generous to N.


Have you seen Uchi students. No way are they elite.

User avatar
retake
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby retake » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
retake wrote:HYSCCN are the only truly elite schools, and that's being EXTREMELY generous to N.


Have you seen Uchi students. No way are they elite.


Ur just mad because u go to a festering TTT. :lol: T14 is a meaningless distinction ITE.
Last edited by retake on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPK34
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Ok, let's be realistic...which law schools are elite?

Postby RPK34 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 pm

God, I'm at least glad I learned about Litchfield. But this thread is a pile of shit.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, flowering, heythatslife, Photomike2 and 8 guests