Pets in law school Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bk1

Diamond

Re: Pets in law school

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Marionberry wrote:Bro, I don't think you read their post. They didn't miss any questions on RC.
Wait, we aren't measuring penis size? Then what I am doing with my dick in my hand right now?

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

bk187 wrote:
alirod12 wrote:This post is about having a dog in law school, not having a dog in general. So if people are asking about whether it is hard to have a dog in law school, they have already considered having a dog outside of it, and most likely understand what goes into it.

I'm not sure how my advice embodies the mindset of owners who give up their dogs. This site is about opinions, and when I say "it's not hard work at all", that is clearly my opinion, and I did not present it as a fact. My dog is in peak condition. He runs or swims or plays with other dogs mutliple times a day, every day. He is fully intact, but perfectly socialized. He is fully obedience trained, on and off leash, with perfect recall and a Schutzund heel to finish. He is a fed on a diet of grain free kibble mixed with raw meat, raw eggs, vegetables, cottage cheese, and pureed pumpkin (for those who can't read between the lines, a "time-consuming" diet). I'm not the type of owner who chucks a dog in a backyard for 18 hours a day and calls it easy. Like people often say, if you love what you do, it isn't work.

Again, this I why I mentioned "priorities" in my subsequent post. I wasn't on here posting "OMGOMGOMG def get a dog OMGOMGOMG." My biggest problem on this forum is that the "Top Law Schools" doesn't imply "Top Law Students".

And yeah, feel free to get out that ruler. Unless you got -0, you won't out measure me.
Your inability to backtrack from an incorrect statement is simply mindboggling. How is it not obvious to you that your advice was inappropriate to give to the vast majority of people who are considering getting a dog, whether or not they are in law school?

You really think that most people who have considered a dog truly understand the kind of work that goes into taking care of one? This is one of the grossest overestimations of human beings that I have ever seen.

Also, I didn't know penises came in the -0 size.
I don't have a penis. But if I did, I would mushroom stamp you with it.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:22 pm

bk187 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Bro, I don't think you read their post. They didn't miss any questions on RC.
Wait, we aren't measuring penis size? Then what I am doing with my dick in my hand right now?
It's called "TLSing", I believe.

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm

bk187 wrote:
With the amount of posts you have on here, we all know that your dick doesn't hang out anywhere else BUT your hand...

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:23 pm

alirod12 wrote:I don't have a penis. But if I did, I would mushroom stamp you with it.
Ahhh, the -0 thing makes sense now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

alirod12 wrote:With the amount of posts you have on here, we all know that your dick doesn't hang out anywhere else BUT your hand...
Sick burn. How can I live with myself now?

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 pm

bk187 wrote:
alirod12 wrote:With the amount of posts you have on here, we all know that your dick doesn't hang out anywhere else BUT your hand...
I'm just saying what everyone else thinks when they click "profile" under your name.

Wait, maybe they think "zOMG this guy spends so much time on TLS he must be so0o0o attractive and charismatic in person, probably really athletic with a rich social life."

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 pm

alirod12 wrote:I'm just saying what everyone else thinks when they click "profile" under your name.

Wait, maybe they think "zOMG this guy spends so much time on TLS he must be so0o0o attractive and charismatic in person, probably really athletic with a rich social life."
Aww, you humble me so!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 pm

alirod12 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
I'm just saying what everyone else thinks when they click "profile" under your name.

I spend a lot of time on TLS, and I'm pretty great. BTW, what was your LSAT score?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alirod12

Bronze

Post by alirod12 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 pm

bk187 wrote:
alirod12 wrote:I'm just saying what everyone else thinks when they click "profile" under your name.

Aww, you humble me so!
Stop PM-ing me begging for a mushroom stamp! That is totally weird.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:31 pm

alirod12 wrote:
bk187 wrote:

Aww, you humble me so!
Stop PM-ing me begging for a mushroom stamp! That is totally weird.
I really don't think it's weird.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

From researching housing in the cities of my top two choices, it looks like it is going to be a pain to find a building that allows my dog. I have a mastiff/pitt mix, but I will make it work. Most don't allow dogs and the ones that do almost certainly have a weight and/or breed restrictions.
Last edited by ArchRoark on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

alirod12 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
With the amount of posts you have on here, we all know that your dick doesn't hang out anywhere else BUT your hand...
This isn't true, tlsers just have sex with each other.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

ArchRoark wrote:From researching housing in the cities of my top two choices, it looks like it is going to be a pain to find a building that allows my dog. Most don't allow dogs and the ones that do almost certainly have a weight and/or breed restrictions. I have a mastiff/pitt mix, but I will make it work.

He's good lookin! How much does he weigh?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

ArchRoark wrote:I got a dog. From researching housing in the cities of my top two choices, it looks like it is going to be a pain to find a building that allows my dog. Most don't allow dogs and the ones that do almost certainly have a weight and/or breed restrictions. I have a mastiff/pitt mix, but I will make it work.

Is that your dog?

How old/big is he now and how big is he going to be (if he's not full grown)?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

ArchRoark wrote:From researching housing in the cities of my top two choices, it looks like it is going to be a pain to find a building that allows my dog. I have a mastiff/pitt mix, but I will make it work. Most don't allow dogs and the ones that do almost certainly have a weight and/or breed restrictions.
He's gorgeous!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

bk187 wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:I got a dog. From researching housing in the cities of my top two choices, it looks like it is going to be a pain to find a building that allows my dog. Most don't allow dogs and the ones that do almost certainly have a weight and/or breed restrictions. I have a mastiff/pitt mix, but I will make it work.

Is that your dog?

That pic is a couple years ago, but he was pretty much full grown then. He is going on 5 years and JUST NOW starting to lose some of his endless energy. Had him since he was about 6 months. If I pull out any type of toy though (tennis ball, rope, stick etc) he still goes nuts. Actually, his favorite activity is "opening" up packages. Too bad more law schools don't accept their admits Vanderbilt style.
Marionberry wrote:He's good lookin! How much does he weigh?
I haven't slapped him on a scale in awhile. But I know hes over the 50lb limit most apartment complexes have. I think hes like mid 60's. He loves to swim, but it is hilarious watching him. He doesn't have much fat on him and struggles to stay afloat. I ended up buying him one of those doggy life vests.
Last edited by ArchRoark on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
bk187 wrote: Is that your dog?

That pic is a couple years ago, but he was pretty much full grown then. He is going on 5 years and JUST NOW starting to lose some of his endless energy. Had him since he was about 6 months. If I pull out any type of toy though (tennis ball, rope, stick etc) he still goes nuts. Actually, his favorite activity is "opening" up packages. Too bad more law schools don't accept their admits Vanderbilt style.
Are you pretty much decided on NU? It sounds like finding a dog friendly place in chicago might be kind of a hassle.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 pm

ArchRoark wrote:That pic is a couple years ago, but he was pretty much full grown then. He is going on 5 years and JUST NOW starting to lose some of his endless energy. Had him since he was about 6 months. If I pull out any type of toy though (tennis ball, rope, stick etc) he still goes nuts. Actually, his favorite activity is "opening" up packages. Too bad more law schools don't accept their admits Vanderbilt style.
That's awesome. It's also bad news for my parents who are hoping that their pit eventually loses some of its energy (he's 2 right now).

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Marionberry wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
bk187 wrote: Is that your dog?

Are you pretty much decided on NU? It sounds like finding a dog friendly place in chicago might be kind of a hassle.
Toss up right now between GULC, NU, and WUSTL (114k scholly). I am considering a number of other schools if they offer a decent scholly. I think finding a dog friendly place in Chicago would be easier then D.C., mainly just because of the supply difference. I could be entirely wrong. Haven't looked much in Chicago, but my D.C. search yielded a total of a single apartment complex that may be willing to take us. Granted, I haven't really been searching all that hard.

Also, a family friend lives up in Chicago and owns an small 4 story apartment complex. I know she usually has breed restrictions, but would probably be willing to break it. I am not entirely sure how convenient the location is though, or if she even will have a vacancy available.
bk187 wrote: That's awesome. It's also bad news for my parents who are hoping that their pit eventually loses some of its energy (he's 2 right now).
Ha, yah they are a super active breed. But they do chill out eventually! Its truly a shame the bad rap the breed gets. Denver still has a complete ban on them. He really is the smartest sweetest dog I have ever owned.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:56 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
bk187 wrote: That's awesome. It's also bad news for my parents who are hoping that their pit eventually loses some of its energy (he's 2 right now).
Ha, yah they are a super active breed. But they do chill out eventually! Its truly a shame the bad rap the breed gets. Denver still has a complete ban on them. He really is the smartest sweetest dog I have ever owned.
I didn't realize Denver still had that.

He has been an awesome dog, but he is way more energetic than the last 3 dogs my parents got (all Samoyeds). He really is a gentle, albeit hyperactive, dog.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:56 pm

You might want to check out the Gables at City Vista in DC. It's near the LS and nice, and they don't even charge a pet fee. I don't remember seeing anything about breed restrictions, though I don't know. I almost think you could get away with just listing him as a mix, as he doesn't look that pittish(in that pic, at least), and I don't know how vigilant they are about enforcing their restrictions.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Marionberry wrote:You might want to check out the Gables at City Vista in DC. It's near the LS and nice, and they don't even charge a pet fee. I don't remember seeing anything about breed restrictions, though I don't know. I almost think you could get away with just listing him as a mix, as he doesn't look that pittish(in that pic, at least), and I don't know how vigilant they are about enforcing their restrictions.
TBH, I don't even know what he is for sure. People always just tell me he is a pitt/mastiff mix, so that is what I go with. I tried to look online awhile back for pics of a similar dog. I found this pic of a Mastiff/Bulldog mix off some adoption/breed info website... it looks eerily similar to my dog.

Thanks for the apartment tip, I'll definitely check it out. Are you headed up there for an ASW?

EDIT: To get this back on topic, I want to +1 everything MarrionBerry said in his post on the first page. I would hope everyone realizes that... but they are quite the commitment. You can't just skip feeding/walking them because you want/need to stay in the library for a couple more hours. Come OCI time and your (hopefully) flying around the country for callbacks, who is going to take care of him? etc etc While it is certainly feasible, I personally wouldn't get a puppy during my law school years.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:12 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
Marionberry wrote:You might want to check out the Gables at City Vista in DC. It's near the LS and nice, and they don't even charge a pet fee. I don't remember seeing anything about breed restrictions, though I don't know. I almost think you could get away with just listing him as a mix, as he doesn't look that pittish(in that pic, at least), and I don't know how vigilant they are about enforcing their restrictions.
TBH, I don't even know what he is for sure. People always just tell me he is a pitt/mastiff mix, so that is what I go with. I tried to look online awhile back for pics of a similar dog. I found this pic of a Mastiff/Bulldog mix off some adoption/breed info website... it looks eerily similar to my dog.

Thanks for the apartment tip, I'll definitely check it out. Are you headed up there for an ASW?

EDIT: To get this back on topic, I want to +1 everything MarrionBerry said in his post on the first page. I would hope everyone realizes that... but they are quite the commitment. You can't just skip feeding/walking them because you want/need to stay in the library for a couple more hours. Come OCI time and your (hopefully) flying around the country for callbacks, who is going to take care of him? etc etc While it is certainly feasible, I personally wouldn't get a puppy during my law school years.
yeah, I'm going up there for the March one. Gonna try and sign a lease while I'm up there.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”