How overshadowed by Georgetown do GWU students truly feel? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Grizz

Diamond

Re: How overshadowed by Georgetown do GWU students truly feel?

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

d34dluk3 wrote:
rad law wrote:Pro

GULC > GW
UT > SMU
NU > Chi?!?!?!???
You were one of those kids who got upset if the red blocks weren't all stacked together, weren't you?
Just would like some consistency duder

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:17 pm

rad law wrote:
flcath wrote:
rad law wrote:
flcath wrote: Whenever there's an obvious "second choice" school like GULC/GW, UT/SMU, NU/Chi, etc., the specificity of the insecurity makes it cut a little deeper, I guess.
Blatant NU trolling
For or against? I actually bet it doesn't happen as much b/t these 2 due to the WE requirement at NU.

Mainly I used those 2 because I wanted include at least one pair of T13s in the list, and I didn't want to start up the Col/NYU debate.
Pro

GULC > GW
UT > SMU
NU > Chi?!?!?!???
Perhaps the opposite way then: Chi > NU? I think UChi is the vastly superior school, but I also imagine it's full of the exact type of personalities that would obsess over such things.

Moving on: do GULC students, in turn, feel insecure about not getting into Vanderbilt? If so, are they insecure about diploma prestige, or just irritated at the superior job prospects of the latter?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm

rad law wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:

GULC > GW
UT > SMU
NU > Chi?!?!?!???
You were one of those kids who got upset if the red blocks weren't all stacked together, weren't you?

Retake

How's that for consistency...

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
rad law wrote:
d34dluk3 wrote:

GULC > GW
UT > SMU
NU > Chi?!?!?!???

Retake

How's that for consistency...
ED to UVA?

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm

flcath wrote:
Moving on: do GULC students, in turn, feel insecure about not getting into Vanderbilt? If so, are they insecure about diploma prestige, or just irritated at the superior job prospects of the latter?
I think most GULC kids i know have a hard enough time navigating the sea of people that is their school. They don't have much time to worry about what's going on in Nashville.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:They don't have much time to worry about what's going on in Nashville.
The answer? Probably a mix of ignorance about the job market on one hand and anxiety + killself on the other.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm

rad law wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:They don't have much time to worry about what's going on in Nashville.
The answer? Probably a mix of ignorance about the job market on one hand and anxiety + killself on the other.

THIS.

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:48 pm

I think GW kids probably don't care. Because if you're that insecure, you wouldn't go to GW in the first place, or any school that's not top dog in it's region. That's when you go to Texas, WUSTL, Minnesota, etc.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:57 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:I think GW kids probably don't care. Because if you're that insecure, you wouldn't go to GW in the first place, or any school that's not top dog in it's region. That's when you go to Texas, WUSTL, Minnesota, etc.
LOL at Wustl being top in it's region.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:I think GW kids probably don't care. Because if you're that insecure, you wouldn't go to GW in the first place, or any school that's not top dog in it's region. That's when you go to Texas, WUSTL, Minnesota, etc.
LOL at Wustl being top in it's region.
Missouri is a region...sorta.

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
rad law wrote:

THIS.
+1

Teoeo

Silver

Post by Teoeo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 pm

A little, but not overwhelmingly so.

A&O

Bronze

Post by A&O » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 am

I know in Boston the BC/BU kids never hang out at the same places as the MIT/Harvard students.
Probably has something to do with the fact that BC/BU are in entirely different areas from MIT/Harvard. And, to be sure, I'm not even certain BC and BU kids "hang out at the same places."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 pm

If you go to GW, you spend three years huddled in the dark underworld below the glimmering lights of Georgetown. You become like one of the crab people, writhing and filthy, huddled in your own stench, waiting for the dazzling angelic Georgetown students to drop a crumb into your gutter. You know it won't be a big taste, but any scrap, any at all, is what you live by. With time you may get lucky and find a job serving a Gerogetown student, or maybe even a Georgetown alumni. Their limos aren't going to drive themselves, their floors don't self mop, and if you think that one of the great minds of Georgetown should ever be expected to run errands or do chores around the house, your twisted mind has no idea how the real world works.

But there's hope. Just because you'll never touch those beautiful luminescant genius scholars who seem to float as they sparkle down M Street, they will always need your hunched back to serve them. The world needs ditch diggers too, and as unlikely as it sounds, Georgetown students are a part of our world!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:If you go to GW, you spend three years huddled in the dark underworld below the glimmering lights of Georgetown. You become like one of the crab people, writhing and filthy, huddled in your own stench, waiting for the dazzling angelic Georgetown students to drop a crumb into your gutter. You know it won't be a big taste, but any scrap, any at all, is what you live by. With time you may get lucky and find a job serving a Gerogetown student, or maybe even a Georgetown alumni. Their limos aren't going to drive themselves, their floors don't self mop, and if you think that one of the great minds of Georgetown should ever be expected to run errands or do chores around the house, your twisted mind has no idea how the real world works.

But there's hope. Just because you'll never touch those beautiful luminescant genius scholars who seem to float as they sparkle down M Street, they will always need your hunched back to serve them. The world needs ditch diggers too, and as unlikely as it sounds, Georgetown students are a part of our world!
--ImageRemoved--

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:If you go to GW, you spend three years huddled in the dark underworld below the glimmering lights of Georgetown. You become like one of the crab people, writhing and filthy, huddled in your own stench, waiting for the dazzling angelic Georgetown students to drop a crumb into your gutter. You know it won't be a big taste, but any scrap, any at all, is what you live by. With time you may get lucky and find a job serving a Gerogetown student, or maybe even a Georgetown alumni. Their limos aren't going to drive themselves, their floors don't self mop, and if you think that one of the great minds of Georgetown should ever be expected to run errands or do chores around the house, your twisted mind has no idea how the real world works.

Excellent.

sonervous88

Bronze

Post by sonervous88 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:57 pm

A&O wrote:
I know in Boston the BC/BU kids never hang out at the same places as the MIT/Harvard students.
Probably has something to do with the fact that BC/BU are in entirely different areas from MIT/Harvard. And, to be sure, I'm not even certain BC and BU kids "hang out at the same places."

they don't

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Ask a Law Student”