George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
thekid001
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 am

George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby thekid001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I apologize if the information can easily be found on the web, but I have looked at GW's website and cannot find much about the scholarship. So could you guys answer some quick questions since the dealine is so close?

Is this is a full tuition scholarship? Are there GPA requirments? I think these answers are yes and no, but i am not positive.
Is housing included in this scholarship?Is it only first year or something?
What type of numbers do you need to get this scholarship?

If anything else is important that I missed, please say so. Thank you for your help.

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby gbpackerbacker » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Tagging myself.

thekid001
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 am

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby thekid001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Bump. Someone has to know something. Is this the right forum?

Ive looked on the internet and can only find passing references to this scholarship. If I am missing something obvious, just send me the link. Thank you

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:18 pm

thekid001 wrote:I apologize if the information can easily be found on the web, but I have looked at GW's website and cannot find much about the scholarship. So could you guys answer some quick questions since the dealine is so close?

Is this is a full tuition scholarship? Are there GPA requirments? I think these answers are yes and no, but i am not positive.
Is housing included in this scholarship?Is it only first year or something?
What type of numbers do you need to get this scholarship?

If anything else is important that I missed, please say so. Thank you for your help.

Full tuition scholarship, but housing is not included.

Numbers need to be good for GW, check out some of the admits on LSN from years past. I was told they give between 25-35 of these each year out of an ED pool of 900.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 pm

This link should find everything for you: http://Error.com/3ydray4

Applicants admitted to GW Law through the Binding Early Admission/Presidential Merit Scholarship Program are awarded three-year or four-year full tuition merit scholarships. Students admitted through this process are guaranteed a unit in a George Washington University residence hall at their own cost.

(http://www.law.gwu.edu/Admissions/finan ... fault.aspx)

Applicants who are certain The George Washington University Law School is the right law school for them and who wish to be considered for a full-tuition GW Law Presidential Merit Scholarship may choose to apply through the Binding Early Admission/Presidential Merit Scholarship Program.

Applicants admitted through this early admission program will be awarded a full-tuition scholarship.

The early admission deadline is December 15. GW Law will mail early admission decisions no later than January 15. Early admission candidates must take the LSAT no later than October 2010.

(http://www.law.gwu.edu/Admissions/apply ... early.aspx)

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby 2014 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:27 am

I think the GPA average is 3.8ish and LSAT average is 168ish for those accepted. I remember reading that somewhere.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:19 am

it seems that GW much rather give semi splitters 3.5's 169's-170+ the full ride instead of the 3.8/ 168's. I am basing this strictly off LSN though and I understand that is a self selecting sample.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby 2014 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 am

SupraVln180 wrote:it seems that GW much rather give semi splitters 3.5's 169's-170+ the full ride instead of the 3.8/ 168's. I am basing this strictly off LSN though and I understand that is a self selecting sample.

Well the median is still just that. They probably give plenty to 3.5 169-170s and plenty to 3.9 166-167's and the numbers end up meeting in the middle.

User avatar
Smitten
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: George Washington Presendential Merit Scholarship

Postby Smitten » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:48 am

2014 wrote:I think the GPA average is 3.8ish and LSAT average is 168ish for those accepted. I remember reading that somewhere.


You mean for ED? I thought it'd be about that for RD.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests