Frisbee in law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bosox777

Frisbee in law school?

Postby bosox777 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm sure it seems like a stupid question to most, but has anyone played Ultimate (specifically, a fairly legitimate A team) as a 1L? I'll still have a year of eligibility and I'm wondering if I'll be able to make a commitment like that...

tourdeforcex

Re: Frisbee in law school?

Postby tourdeforcex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 pm

don't have experience. but i have a fair idea of how much commitment playing ultimate is from a old friend of mine.

i'd say it depends on how well you can manage your time and how natural law school is. i think the answer for most people would be avoid committing to too much, especially for 1L. at the same time, it's definitely possible if you're disciplined and/or brilliant.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:how natural law school is.

Law school = completely unnatural and bad for your health.

bosox777

Postby bosox777 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:don't have experience. but i have a fair idea of how much commitment playing ultimate is from a old friend of mine.

i'd say it depends on how well you can manage your time and how natural law school is. i think the answer for most people would be avoid committing to too much, especially for 1L. at the same time, it's definitely possible if you're disciplined and/or brilliant.

Thanks...that's about the kind of response I expected, I guess. I'd regret not playing my final year of eligibility, but from the sound of it and based on the fact that I will want to do a lot of other things too, perhaps I won't be able to make an entirely full commitment.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm

I am a 2L but both myself and my roommate are participating in club sports with the undergrad. It isn't time consuming at all and is a nice break some law school once a week. Just set priorities and know that you will have to miss stuff around finals so you can study more.

Return to “Law School FAQ”