(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
23 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 792
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am
ksimon2007 wrote:dreamscometrue wrote:If one of your numbers is at/above their median, then it certainly wouldn't hurt to shoot an ED app to UVA.
The only issue is I really do like D.C. and want to be here. ED'ing to Georgetown though means I might be left to rack up over 200k in loans; a fact I am not fine with at all. I am an out of state resident in regards to UVA though so we'll see. I have an individual helping me out with GW Law and doing a bit on my behalf so I have to admit that I am a bit hesitant to ED somewhere else, especially G'Town.
Unless you retook that 158 you won't get into either. Check out LSN, not one acceptance
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am
ksimon2007 wrote:Yeah...well a boy can dream haha...No I understand that my numbers make me an a highly unlikely admission to those schools...I'm fine with going to GW if I get in...I was really hoping to hear nice things about GW...I toured both G'Town and GW...both are quality schools, but I find g'town much more aesthetically pleasing
If you don't anticipate getting any money from GW, just apply ED to GT. Tuition and COL between GULC and GW are comparable anyway, so it's not like you will give up a whole lot if accepted ED to Gtown.
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 pm
If you apply ED to UVA, you'll definitely hear back within 2 weeks after they receive everything. It's part of their ED policy. I think getting a recommendation letter from the UVA alum depends on how strong of a letter he can write for you. UVA does seem to put a lot of emphasis on letter of recs relative to other top schools, so that could be something to keep in mind. Regardless of your decision, good luck!
- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am
ksimon2007 wrote:Is it not possible to early decision at G'Town and then, as expected, things don't go well, ED to UVA? G'Town says applicants will be notified of a decision three weeks after going final...
Definitely, since you prefer GULC to UVA, you could ED to GULC, get a decision within 3 weeks, and then ED to UVA if necessary.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Pozzo and 1 guest