(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
eve2490

Postby eve2490 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:35 am

Last edited by eve2490 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ppa840

Re: RESUME Question

Postby ppa840 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 am

My resume was longer than a page. When I was applying, I called a few of the schools I was interested in and asked if was fine if my resume was longer than 1 page. I didn't get a single "no." If you are that concerned, just call.

mst

Postby mst » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:29 am

eve2490 wrote:It might sound like a silly question, but I just want to make sure I do the wiser thing.

I omitted my being a teaching assistant and a research assistant to make my resume 1 page for most schools. Should I include the TA and RA positions for those several schools that explicitly dont mind your resume being longer than 1 page? My resume would come out to 1 page and about 4 lines on the 2nd page with those positions included.

Also, I received academic credit for these positions as well and I am not sure if they will be clear just from my transcript or not.

You're applying for law school, not a job. In a job, you get an interview. In law school, you get a resume and a 2 page personal statement. So anything that could be important to the decision, like this, should be included. Go ahead and include it.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:21 pm

eve2490 wrote:It might sound like a silly question, but I just want to make sure I do the wiser thing.

I omitted my being a teaching assistant and a research assistant to make my resume 1 page for most schools. Should I include the TA and RA positions for those several schools that explicitly dont mind your resume being longer than 1 page? My resume would come out to 1 page and about 4 lines on the 2nd page with those positions included.

Also, I received academic credit for these positions as well and I am not sure if they will be clear just from my transcript or not.

Of the 20+ law schools I've applied to, only one set a resume length requirement.

Return to “Law School FAQ”