LSAT Addendum Recommended?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
3|ink

LSAT Addendum Recommended?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:27 pm

I know I saw a post by one of the moderators a few months ago about this very topic, but I can't seem to locate it in search. Anyway, I took the LSAT 3 times. The first two times I scored EXACTLY THE SAME. The third time I scored 6 points higher. If I'm applying to a top 50 school, is an addendum recommended? I seem to remember the moderator's post saying that an addendum of this nature is really only for top 20.

Re: LSAT Addendum Recommended?

Postby 2014 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:32 pm

I wouldn't write one.
Top 50 schools have far more to gain through an increase in medians and there is absolutely no incentive for them to average scores. Across the board, they should look at your top score only. Normally it would be good advice to consider writing one if you had a good reason, but given that your first two scores were the same, you can't really argue that 2/3 of your tests aren't representative. Just let the high score speak for itself.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm

2014 wrote:I wouldn't write one.
Top 50 schools have far more to gain through an increase in medians and there is absolutely no incentive for them to average scores. Across the board, they should look at your top score only. Normally it would be good advice to consider writing one if you had a good reason, but given that your first two scores were the same, you can't really argue that 2/3 of your tests aren't representative. Just let the high score speak for itself.

Thank you. That makes sense.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:57 am

3|ink wrote:
2014 wrote:I wouldn't write one.

Thank you. That makes sense.

+1

and don't assume stuff is right because a moderator posted it :P

Return to “Law School FAQ”