School Specific Letters of Recommendation

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lilnorway7

School Specific Letters of Recommendation

Postby lilnorway7 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey Everyone-

I have a question about school specific letters of recommendation - as obvious by the title of the post, I suppose. I'm getting ready to hand my recommenders notes regarding me, my reason for attending law school, application strengths and weakness, etc.

I want them to write two school specific letters of recommendation to Stanford and Berkeley. What information should I give them when writing these school specific letters? Are they supposed to write why I would succeed at a certain law school? Or how the school's facilities and program would be a good fit for me?

I guess I'm not sure what they are supposed to write about exactly.

Thank you in advance for helping out.

jazzman

Re: School Specific Letters of Recommendation

Postby jazzman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Typically, school specific stuff is more relevent if the recommender is in some way affiliated with the school as an alumnus, professor, board member, etc.

lilnorway7

Re: School Specific Letters of Recommendation

Postby lilnorway7 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks, I wasn't sure if my recommenders should talk about any school specific programs or qualities (such as small class sizes) in their letters. Neither of my recommenders are specifically affiliated with any law school, so according to your reasoning, it would probably be useless to include this type of information in a letter, correct?

Again, thank you for the advice.

Return to “Law School FAQ”