which law schools have gyms?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
gym question

which law schools have gyms?

Postby gym question » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 pm

I'm a law school student trying to see what law schools do or do not have a gym (on the actual law school premise).

If your law school has a gym, could you please share this? Also if your school has a gym, do many people use it?

Likewise, if your school does not, could you also share this? Many thanks.

SupraVln180

Re: which law schools have gyms?

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't go to GULC, but I know for a fact they have a gym, a nice one at that.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't know what you mean by "on the campus," I don't think any law schools have a private gym. However, if you mean near the campus, BU's fitrec is one of the top gyms in the country, access is free, and it's located about a 5 minute walk form the law tower. About 1/4 of my section goes to the gym at 6am every morning, which I think is insane.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 pm

I'd bet that most law schools just share student rec centers with the rest of their universities.

FWIW, Lewis & Clark's law campus backs up onto a forested state park with trails to run, and there are locker rooms and showers on the law campus. But you have to hoof it over to the UG campus to use the gym, tennis courts, track or pools.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Alabama !!! (Shared with all other students but it is a spectacular facility--although I haven't visited in the past 4 years.)

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Im pretty sure that UVA has one that is technically open to all students, but its not near the main campus- its right next door to the law school.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:59 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:I don't go to GULC, but I know for a fact they have a gym, a nice one at that.

I've seen it, the gym is superb.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Cupidity wrote:I don't know what you mean by "on the campus," I don't think any law schools have a private gym. However, if you mean near the campus, BU's fitrec is one of the top gyms in the country, access is free, and it's located about a 5 minute walk form the law tower. About 1/4 of my section goes to the gym at 6am every morning, which I think is insane.

GULC has its own gym and the campus is separate from the undergrad campus.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Of all the factors that should be important in choosing a law school... The quality/existence of the gym should rank somewhere below quality of bathroom stalls in the library and somewhere above the exterior color of the law school building.

You know John, I was really sold on Harvard, right up until I saw the gym over at St. John's Law school... Harvard's gym wasn't even close!! Needless to say I put the deposit down at SJU... If you can't get your swell on while gettin your contracts on; what the fuck is the point of going to law school?

gym question

Postby gym question » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:25 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Of all the factors that should be important in choosing a law school... The quality/existence of the gym should rank somewhere below quality of bathroom stalls in the library and somewhere above the exterior color of the law school building.

You know John, I was really sold on Harvard, right up until I saw the gym over at St. John's Law school... Harvard's gym wasn't even close!! Needless to say I put the deposit down at SJU... If you can't get your swell on while gettin your contracts on; what the fuck is the point of going to law school?

this has nothing to do with deciding about a law school or deciding which ones are better. i'm just trying to find out what schools do or don't have one.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:25 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Of all the factors that should be important in choosing a law school... The quality/existence of the gym should rank somewhere below quality of bathroom stalls in the library and somewhere above the exterior color of the law school building.

This, especially since I have never set foot in the gym once but have edited memo on the shitter.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 pm

lmao

Although I don't think OP was asking for this (caricatured) reason.

gobucks101

Postby gobucks101 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:35 pm

I spend enough time with law students that the idea of sharing a gym with only law students makes me ill. At least I think I would rank near the top of the class for something. Outside of GULC, I don't know of any schools that have gyms just for law students. The reason is simple: most schools have class sizes between 150-300 students a class. No reason to have a ton of gym equipment for 500-1000 students. With the student rec center you get a lot better lookers anyway.

omninode

Postby omninode » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Just go to the undergrad gym. That's what I would do. I don't want my law school classmates to see my fat ass sweat-soaking an ellyptical machine, but who cares about a bunch of anonymous 19 year-olds?

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:43 pm

gym question wrote:

this has nothing to do with deciding about a law school or deciding which ones are better. i'm just trying to find out what schools do or don't have one.

Ok. Got it chip.

--ImageRemoved--

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:56 pm

This is why I don't really come to TLS anymore...its filled with a bunch of dikwad responses. The guy is asking a legitimate question about schools. I don't see where he mentioned this being the only factor in his decision. Just because working out isnt your thing and your only exposure to abs is from watching Baywatch on the WB there are many of us that place a value on fitness and I don't see how OP's question is any more ridiculous than the hundreds of bullshit questions that fill this site. Feel free to dissect my post in order to make whatever asinine meme's or maybe even incorporate it into some picture featuring a cat doing some random bullshit or whatever it is you f'n do to get your rocks off....

The gym at my school sucks. Rocky had a better gym in that shed in the middle of Siberia when he was training to fight Drago
Last edited by GATORTIM on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Wait... we're asking about which schools have separate gyms for law students? The only place I can think offhand where that makes sense is Northwestern. I've heard their gym downtown is pretty slick, but there's no way it's another SPAC (I think that's what it's called, the one up in Evanston), which is an amazing gym.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Im pretty sure that UVA has one that is technically open to all students, but its not near the main campus- its right next door to the law school.

Out of curiosity which gym are you referring to?

Viktor Vaughn

Postby Viktor Vaughn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:01 pm

I would assume all schools located on the same campus as their undergrad institution will have gyms. The ones that might not have gyms would be those that are either stand-alone schools, or are not located on the same campus as their undergrad campus. For example, Loyola Marymount in LA doesn't have a gym b/c it is located away from the main campus. If you're applying to schools like that (I think Northwestern is another one?) I would check out their website and see what the situation is.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 pm

GATORTIM wrote:This is why I don't really come to TLS anymore...its filled with a bunch of dikwad responses. The guy is asking a legitimate question about schools. I don't see where he mentioned this being the only factor in his decision. Just because working out isnt your thing and your only exposure to abs is from watching Baywatch on the WB there are many of us that place a value on fitness and I don't see how OP's question is any more ridiculous than the hundreds of bullshit questions that fill this site. Feel free to dissect my post in order to make whatever asinine meme's or maybe even incorporate it into some picture featuring a cat doing some random bullshit or whatever it is you f'n do to get your rocks off....

The gym at my school sucks. Rocky had a better gym in that shed in the middle of Siberia when he was training to fight Drago

A) You are not missed.
B) I go to my gym 3 to 4 nights a week.
C) I was a college athlete and always placed (and still do when practical), a lot of emphasis on working out.
D) Don't fuck with my Kitty Picture, it was awesome and you know it.
E) It's a dumb question and I reserve the right to make fun of it.
F) Your momma. Brah.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:I don't go to GULC, but I know for a fact they have a gym, a nice one at that.

I've seen it, the gym is superb.

Georgetown Law and Fitness Center

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:20 pm

GATORTIM wrote:This is why I don't really come to TLS anymore...its filled with a bunch of dikwad responses. The guy is asking a legitimate question about schools. I don't see where he mentioned this being the only factor in his decision. Just because working out isnt your thing and your only exposure to abs is from watching Baywatch on the WB there are many of us that place a value on fitness and I don't see how OP's question is any more ridiculous than the hundreds of bullshit questions that fill this site. Feel free to dissect my post in order to make whatever asinine meme's or maybe even incorporate it into some picture featuring a cat doing some random bullshit or whatever it is you f'n do to get your rocks off....

We get it Tim, you like to get your swell on.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Gotta get cock diesel mang.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:34 pm

arism87 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:Im pretty sure that UVA has one that is technically open to all students, but its not near the main campus- its right next door to the law school.

north grounds rec center. it's right next to darden, a 5 minute walk from the law school, and pretty much filled with law school/darden folk. there are a few undergrads here, but i'm not sure why. it's not terribly large, but it's got all the basics.

edit: darden is the b-school at uva, in case anyone was wondering.

LSU Undergrad

Postby LSU Undergrad » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:51 pm

dailygrind wrote:
arism87 wrote:

north grounds rec center. it's right next to darden, a 5 minute walk from the law school, and pretty much filled with law school/darden folk. there are a few undergrads here, but i'm not sure why. it's not terribly large, but it's got all the basics.

edit: darden is the b-school at uva, in case anyone was wondering.

Hmm, good to know.

Return to “Law School FAQ”