Penalty for applying to the same school in different cycles?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
mkw

Penalty for applying to the same school in different cycles?

Postby mkw » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I am planning on taking a shot at a few schools this cycle even though they are currently reach schools for me. Assuming I miss, I'm going to bust my ass to up my LSAT score in June/October of next year. The reach schools at the moment would ideally be my realistic targets for next cycle. Would applying two separate times harm my chances next year? I assume that they are indifferent towards it but as I said, these are currently reach schools for me. I don't want to lessen my chances next year when (ideally) they would comfortably fit into my range.

I looked at the main sticky + did a search of the forum and couldn't find an answer to this question. I apologize if it has been asked before. Thanks guys.

St.Remy

Re: Penalty for applying to the same school in different cycles?

Postby St.Remy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:29 pm

The only way it would be likely to hurt you is if you got in this year to a school and elected not to go, in which case if you apply next year they're going to need a damn good reason to let you in. Otherwise I don't see how reapplying to a school that you'd been rejected from would hurt you, so long as you have better numbers the second time around.

mkw

Re: Penalty for applying to the same school in different cycles?

Postby mkw » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Makes sense, thanks a lot.

Return to “Law School FAQ”