Quality of life in LS

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
arism87

Quality of life in LS

Postby arism87 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 pm

As someone who spent a couple years out of UG working, I'm pretty accustomed to having an income (and consequently, spending some of it pretty frivolously). How did you transition into law school? And what is your quality of life like? I think I read you can only take out loans to cover the calculated cost of living, and although I haven't really looked into that, I assume they use a minimal number. How bad is it really, as I will have no other source of support except for my savings which I don't expect will last long?

blerg

Re: Quality of life in LS

Postby blerg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:33 pm

You have no frivolous money if you're only living on loans.

Cut everything you like out now.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:55 pm

blerg wrote:You have no frivolous money if you're only living on loans.

Cut everything you like out now.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 pm

arism87 wrote:As someone who spent a couple years out of UG working, I'm pretty accustomed to having an income (and consequently, spending some of it pretty frivolously). How did you transition into law school? And what is your quality of life like? I think I read you can only take out loans to cover the calculated cost of living, and although I haven't really looked into that, I assume they use a minimal number. How bad is it really, as I will have no other source of support except for my savings which I don't expect will last long?

It's not terrible. At NU it comes out to about $2,000/mo for the first semester. If you're smart about your living arrangement, you cam have some decent amount left.

Return to “Law School FAQ”