Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
pppokerface
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby pppokerface » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Just curious, searched forum and I couldn't find any posts on whether they got in after submitting one. Thanks!

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:48 pm

Pretty much everybody who's put on WL submits at least one LOCI so that'd be anyone who got in off the WL.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:Pretty much everybody who's put on WL submits at least one LOCI so that'd be anyone who got in off the WL.


Not true.

Also, I assume op is trying to gauge whether or not LOCI's are effective or necessary. TCR is: Your mileage may vary.

etown989
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby etown989 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am

I'd imagine it'd still be all about the numbers... If there are 2 people with the same numbers and one submits an LOCI and the other doesn't I'd imagine the school IF accepting either applicants at all would favor the one with the LOCI. That's about all.

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby JG Hall » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 am

mostly effective for YP WLs

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby 20160810 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:44 am

I got a cool personalized response to the HOCI (haiku of continued interest) I sent to Michigan, but they never let me off their WL.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 am

SBL wrote:I got a cool personalized response to the HOCI (haiku of continued interest) I sent to Michigan, but they never let me off their WL.



LOL I'd love to read that...

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:15 am

does anyone have stats on percent who got in from the waitlist last year or even the year before (T14)? I know there was a chart on here in some thread but it was data from back in 2007-2008.
Last edited by ilovemulch on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

It's a common enough occurrence that it rarely makes news anymore, but my own class is full of waitlist admits, most of whom wrote one or more LOCIs. I sent two and was working on a third when I was admitted, so I dropped off a seat deposit instead. Having spent a lot of time volunteering with my own admissions office, I can say that they do pay attention, and I have seen adcomms advocate on behalf of people who really wanted to be here. Your numbers still have to be reasonably in range, but at least at my school, demonstrating true interest (in a non-obnoxious way) is a decent soft.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 am

Deadatheist (who was WL/IN at Hastings) and I put this together after our cycles ended. It contains our LOCIs and basic waitlist management strategy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70902

ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Who got in after submitting a LOCI?

Postby ilovemulch » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:22 am

OperaSoprano wrote:It's a common enough occurrence that it rarely makes news anymore, but my own class is full of waitlist admits, most of whom wrote one or more LOCIs. I sent two and was working on a third when I was admitted, so I dropped off a seat deposit instead. Having spent a lot of time volunteering with my own admissions office, I can say that they do pay attention, and I have seen adcomms advocate on behalf of people who really wanted to be here. Your numbers still have to be reasonably in range, but at least at my school, demonstrating true interest (in a non-obnoxious way) is a decent soft.


Thanks, Opera!




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests