what are your "college means" for GPA and LSAT? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ahduth

Gold

Re: what are your "college means" for GPA and LSAT?

Post by ahduth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:You've never been to NYU I presume. Some of the people who went there are brilliant, but some of the others are, just, like, how do I put it? dumb as a post.

Then again my perspective could be skewed because I just have really smart friends.
This can be said for just about any university. Brilliant people and dumb people exist everywhere.
NYU is massive. There are probably Tisch students applying to go to law school. Hell you may be a Tisch student. Musical Theatre much?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:30 pm

ahduth wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:You've never been to NYU I presume. Some of the people who went there are brilliant, but some of the others are, just, like, how do I put it? dumb as a post.

Then again my perspective could be skewed because I just have really smart friends.
This can be said for just about any university. Brilliant people and dumb people exist everywhere.
NYU is massive. There are probably Tisch students applying to go to law school. Hell you may be a Tisch student. Musical Theatre much?
I'm so musically inept, I can't even read a single note.

Lou9

Bronze

Post by Lou9 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm

148 and 3.33

I haven't told any of my classmates my score. I only got a 170, but, so far, I haven't found anyone else who broke 150.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 pm

University at Buffalo:

3.26 (respectable)

151 (lawl school)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

pereira6 wrote:University at Buffalo:

3.26 (respectable)

151 (lawl school)
Our state schools are very comparable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:06 am

Pac-10 state school:

Spectacularly average.

Those numbers are from a few years ago, though, since I graduated in 2002.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:34 am

ahduth wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Def not a Tischie. And btw those numbers are NYU CAS ONLY. For some reason LSAC found it appropriate to exclude Stern, Tisch, Steinhardt, Gallatin, and everyone else.

Korey

New

Post by Korey » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
ahduth wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Def not a Tischie. And btw those numbers are NYU CAS ONLY. For some reason LSAC found it appropriate to exclude Stern, Tisch, Steinhardt, Gallatin, and everyone else.
I can't imagine the numbers are even this high. A few people here make me laugh.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Korey wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:Def not a Tischie. And btw those numbers are NYU CAS ONLY. For some reason LSAC found it appropriate to exclude Stern, Tisch, Steinhardt, Gallatin, and everyone else.
I can't imagine the numbers are even this high. A few people here make me laugh.
@ Korey: Wat.

@ motion: Yeah you're right, it's reporting that it's just CAS. Some people from Gallatin probably apply (I'm sure several apply actually), but beyond that, most everyone from NYU comes from CAS probably.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Korey

New

Post by Korey » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:30 pm

ahduth wrote:
Korey wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:Def not a Tischie. And btw those numbers are NYU CAS ONLY. For some reason LSAC found it appropriate to exclude Stern, Tisch, Steinhardt, Gallatin, and everyone else.

@ motion: Yeah you're right, it's reporting that it's just CAS. Some people from Gallatin probably apply (I'm sure several apply actually), but beyond that, most everyone from NYU comes from CAS probably.
I was saying even if it is just CAS I still am surprised that the nyu means are that high.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:25 pm

ahduth wrote:
Korey wrote:

Given ITE I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of Sternies applied too.

Merr

Bronze

Post by Merr » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Small lib. arts college

LSAT 150
GPA 3.17

There is a large grouping around the +70%ile and a massive grouping at the 0-19%ile, which doesn't surprise me since getting stoned and taking grad-school admissions tests is apparently a favorite pastime at my UG.

cruelestgame

Bronze

Post by cruelestgame » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:16 pm

why can i not find this on my academic summary report?

i see percentages for ranges but that's it

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cruelestgame

Bronze

Post by cruelestgame » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm

i'm a moron. nvm.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:34 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
ahduth wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Well each school gets their own college "code" thing, so it makes sense. And it wouldn't really be far to compare a Sternie GPA to a Tischie one, or CAS to Gallatin. But CAS's GPA mean is higher than I would expect, for sure. I guess there aren't too many of the pre-med kids going for law school?

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Well each school gets their own college "code" thing, so it makes sense. And it wouldn't really be far to compare a Sternie GPA to a Tischie one, or CAS to Gallatin. But CAS's GPA mean is higher than I would expect, for sure. I guess there aren't too many of the pre-med kids going for law school?
A lot of the kids applying to law school that I know of are total GPA whores. And mostly polisci majors. I'm a GPA whore too but I'm usually late to the game. I like to hope that my econ major gives me a plan B in case I don't get into a T20 but getting a job in finance is probably even harder ITE than getting into a T20 law school.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
A lot of the kids applying to law school that I know of are total GPA whores. And mostly polisci majors. I'm a GPA whore too but I'm usually late to the game. I like to hope that my econ major gives me a plan B in case I don't get into a T20 but getting a job in finance is probably even harder ITE than getting into a T20 law school.
Would pre-meds bring the mean up or down - they generally have hard science majors that are probably tougher on your GPA. NYU I'm sure has it's share of grade inflation, but as you can see from this board, people whore their GPA if they know they're pre-law. If anything, 3.47 seems low - it means there are people applying to law school out of CAS with GPAs in the 3.0x area. Unless they have eye-popping LSAT scores...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:41 pm

ahduth wrote:
motiontodismiss wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Would pre-meds bring the mean up or down - they generally have hard science majors that are probably tougher on your GPA. NYU I'm sure has it's share of grade inflation, but as you can see from this board, people whore their GPA if they know they're pre-law. If anything, 3.47 seems low - it means there are people applying to law school out of CAS with GPAs in the 3.0x area. Unless they have eye-popping LSAT scores...
Pre-meds would definitely bring it down, but like someone posted earlier, there are some shockingly dumb kids in CAS at NYU who probably apply to law school for the hell of it...

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm

UCLA

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 am

UC Irvine:

GPA: 3.21
LSAT: 154

Very similar to the UCSB #'s I saw earlier in this thread...they are similarly ranked schools and have nearly identical #'s.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 am

School numbers so far
York 3.11/149
USF 3.18/149
Univ at Buffalo 3.26/151
St. Louis 3.39/153
UC Irvine 3.21/154
Texas A&M 3.22/154
UCSC 3.30/154
Missouri 3.34/154
Utah 3.34/154
UC Davis 3.13/155
UCSB 3.21/155
Sewanee 3.12/156
UCLA 3.4/158
NYU 3.47/160
Johns Hopkins 3.35/161
Pomona 3.48/165
Stanford 3.54/165
Yale 3.58/166
Harvard 3.47/167

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SG09

New

Post by SG09 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 am

Last edited by SG09 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm

3.21, 154. Wow UC Irvine step your game up!

zeke18

Bronze

Post by zeke18 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Penn

GPA: 3.45
LSAT: 163

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:10 pm

This makes me feel better about myself. I would be average at Penn and Brown <3

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”