What is the credited response?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
motiontodismiss

Re: What is the credited response?

Postby motiontodismiss » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:34 am

itooklsat3times wrote:
James Bond wrote:
itooklsat3times wrote:Here is my dilemma: I'd like to take it again, but my significant other is at her breaking point and will break up with me if I spend anymore time studying for this thing.

Fuck her. If she loved you she'd be supportive of your dreams. Tell her to grow up

She's a good women, been with me for 5 years now, but has reached her breaking point. I can't focus on relationship when I'm bogged down by work and lsat.

I try but I'm not mentally there.

She sounds high maintenance to me. Study and tell her to go pound sand if she can't "take" it. Would you do it for an extra $100k a year?

Then again, if you have a good job and you like what you do you might not even want to go to law school. Law isn't exactly a booming industry right now.

mala2

Postby mala2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

itooklsat3times wrote:
mala2 wrote:dude, get over yourself!

If you'd be happy dying alone with an awesome career than dump her and let her find a decent guy.

Choose, dump her or propose. Imagine your life both ways and then figure it out. If you propose I bet she won't mind the studying, if she's gone she won't mind it either. Set up a schedule and focus, and then give her some time too. Why can't you do that? I have a kid and I managed to study and still keep her fed. The reason is that you don't really care about anything but yourself right now, at least that's how you're acting.

It's different. I work long hours. I'm at work for over 10 to 11 hrs each day. I then have to put in the hours to do whatever odd chores and find time to study.

ok well it's not like you guys have kids, if you want to take it again tell her you're going to take it again and that it's the last time. schedule a couple hours a week to just do whatever with her and don't back out, otherwise you're a douche

klussy

Postby klussy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 pm

have you considered Mason?

eandy

Postby eandy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:24 pm

klussy wrote:have you considered Mason?

If he is interested in $$$, I doubt he'd get any there. I had a 164/3.6 and got nothing.

itooklsat3times

Postby itooklsat3times » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Is it even worth it for me to study and get the 170 and then ed to Northwestern or UVA, when I want to be a trial attorney and work at the DA's or JAG ?

That's what I'm debating. How important is prestige? I can't eat prestige and I can't pay my bills with prestige. I think about all of the people in the t-14 without jobs and think that might not be a smart idea.
Last edited by itooklsat3times on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itooklsat3times

Postby itooklsat3times » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm

klussy wrote:have you considered Mason?

I looked up information on GMU and there is no way I get any $$$.

itooklsat3times

Postby itooklsat3times » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

mala2 wrote:
itooklsat3times wrote:
mala2 wrote:dude, get over yourself!

If you'd be happy dying alone with an awesome career than dump her and let her find a decent guy.

Choose, dump her or propose. Imagine your life both ways and then figure it out. If you propose I bet she won't mind the studying, if she's gone she won't mind it either. Set up a schedule and focus, and then give her some time too. Why can't you do that? I have a kid and I managed to study and still keep her fed. The reason is that you don't really care about anything but yourself right now, at least that's how you're acting.

It's different. I work long hours. I'm at work for over 10 to 11 hrs each day. I then have to put in the hours to do whatever odd chores and find time to study.

ok well it's not like you guys have kids, if you want to take it again tell her you're going to take it again and that it's the last time. schedule a couple hours a week to just do whatever with her and don't back out, otherwise you're a douche

I actually said that the last time.

Postby 2014 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:03 am

If she can't handle LSAT prep god help her when you actually are in law school.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

2014 wrote:If she can't handle LSAT prep god help her when you actually are in law school.

This.

If she is at her "breaking point" with LSAT prep, there is no way she will be able to deal with the time demands and stress levels that law school/finals will put on you.

plenipotentiary

Postby plenipotentiary » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
2014 wrote:If she can't handle LSAT prep god help her when you actually are in law school.

This.

If she is at her "breaking point" with LSAT prep, there is no way she will be able to deal with the time demands and stress levels that law school/finals will put on you.

Or the time demands/stress levels associated with actually practicing law.

KatieKat

Postby KatieKat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:47 am

plenipotentiary wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:

This.

Or the time demands/stress levels associated with actually practicing law.

+1.

Try setting aside a few hours at the same time every week just for her. Plan a special date for her during that time, even if it's just cooking her dinner or watching a movie on the couch. Do NOT bring up the LSAT at all during this time. She doesn't necessarily want MORE time with you, but I bet you are constantly obsessing over the LSAT and talking about it with her even when you aren't studying. Just make her feel like she is just as important as the LSAT, and she shouldn't have a problem with you taking it another time.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:13 am

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 am

naterj wrote:Image

Screw you! I laughed so loudly that everyone in my workspace now thinks I'm a freak.

jazzman

Postby jazzman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:54 pm

You should post her picture. It's the only way we can give you accurate advice lol.

Return to “Law School FAQ”