UVA Waitlist

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
jwrash

UVA Waitlist

Postby jwrash » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Waitlisted at UVA (ED)

159/3.9
Bio major/genetics minor
average softs/recs
good ps
white male

Planning on submitting an additional statement (Why UVA) and updated transcript that will mostly likely show another 4.0 semester. Other than retake, anything else that would improve my chances of getting off the waitlist?

Thanks!

bk1

Re: UVA Waitlist

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:47 pm

I don't think anything else will help save obtaining VA residency and reapplying. Not retaking just seems like shooting yourself in the foot.

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

jwrash wrote:Waitlisted at UVA (ED)

159/3.9
Bio major/genetics minor
average softs/recs
good ps
white male

Planning on submitting an additional statement (Why UVA) and updated transcript that will mostly likely show another 4.0 semester. Other than retake, anything else that would improve my chances of getting off the waitlist?

Thanks!

If UVA is your absolute number choice, submitting a Why UVA statement emphasizing

The University's Institute for Practical Ethics and Public Life — directed by Professor James Childress, one of the nation's leading bioethicists — and the Center for Biomedical Ethics offer students numerous opportunities to study and work on pressing issues in health care, biotechnology, research, genetics and moral philosophy. A number of bioethics classes are co-taught by Law, Medical and Arts & Sciences faculty. (from the UVA website)

I do not know if you are near the campus, but another law school I have applied to has a clinic of interest. I called the director of the clinic and had a 30 minute conversation before applying and he aided in framing my letter to the school.

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

bk1 wrote:I don't think anything else will help save obtaining VA residency and reapplying. Not retaking just seems like shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm planning on retaking in December. Practiced between 164-169 before first test, but bombed the real thing. Realistically, how much would a 166/167 help?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Looks like the 161, 165, and 166 above you got acceptances. I'm not sure how much not being bound by ED will mitigate it, but I think there is a decent chance you can manage to get in with a 166/167.

Return to “Law School FAQ”