. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

im_blue

Gold

Re: Repeated courses and LSDAS

Post by im_blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Many UGs don't allow retakes unless you get a D or F. If your UG allows infinite retakes and includes all grades on the transcript, then by all means keep retaking and getting A's and A+'s. Just make sure your UG transcript doesn't cover up the original grades with an R or something.

sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lolol10

Bronze

Post by lolol10 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm

LSDAS includes both grades and i hate them for it. i want to castrate the b@$trd that came up with the idea.

sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lolol10

Bronze

Post by lolol10 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:28 pm

sch6les wrote:
lolol10 wrote:LSDAS includes both grades and i hate them for it. i want to castrate the b@$trd that came up with the idea.
Is this because you had horrible original grades? You have my sympathy, but in a way you should be thankful that they take retakes into account and not just only original takes (like some professional schools do, such as med I believe).

not really, just for one class. i somehow tested into a 200 lvl calc class freshman year having never taken any calc/precalc course in hs. needless to say i died in the class. i retook following sem for way better grade. the first time i took it now sits as the worst grade on my LSDAS transcript. but i agree i am grateful for that.

schrizto

New

Post by schrizto » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I don't see why both the first take and the retake both being counted would be unfair. After all, someone taking a class once and getting an A is not the same as someone who didn't get an A the first time but got an A on the retake. It's the same course, therefore someone who retook would be exposed to the same material twice, they should be expected to do well. If a retake could completely replace the original grade, you bet there would be some crazies out there who would retake everything.

But retaking an A for an A+ is pointless, you don't see this happen often because by far most people are satisfied with the A, not to mention it'd be pretty dull taking a course that you've already aced more than once. And I would like to think that law school admissions is not a completely automated process, and that someone taking something like Intro Psych 101 multiple times with A+'s would raise some eyebrows.

lolol10

Bronze

Post by lolol10 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

schrizto wrote:I don't see why both the first take and the retake both being counted would be unfair. After all, someone taking a class once and getting an A is not the same as someone who didn't get an A the first time but got an A on the retake. It's the same course, therefore someone who retook would be exposed to the same material twice, they should be expected to do well. If a retake could completely replace the original grade, you bet there would be some crazies out there who would retake everything.

But retaking an A for an A+ is pointless, you don't see this happen often because by far most people are satisfied with the A, not to mention it'd be pretty dull taking a course that you've already aced more than once. And I would like to think that law school admissions is not a completely automated process, and that someone taking something like Intro Psych 101 multiple times with A+'s would raise some eyebrows.
no

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”