Wyoming School of Law

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ryleez

Wyoming School of Law

Postby ryleez » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:04 am

I really dont know how much info I can get about this school on here, but I figure I'll give it a shot. I currently reside in AL but all my family lives in WY. I imagine that I will end up back there in the near future because the grand folks are getting old and senile, and I would like to spend some time with them before they get too old. Does anyone have any idea how a WY law school graduate would fair in the northern colorado job mkts? I know that it is a stretch to think that there would be a whole lot of knowledge on this topic... Or would I be competetive with a jd from a southeastern school?

mapes

Re: Wyoming School of Law

Postby mapes » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:44 am

Problem is, you'll be competing with CU grads, who are scraping to find jobs themselves. So it would be an uphill battle.

However, the story changes if you are willing to remain in Cheyenne or Laramie. Short of it is, Wyoming grads do okay in Wyoming. By the way I love Wyoming. Good luck.

Oh and I think the consensus on this board is that, unless the southeastern school is Duke, it's not going to give you good job prospects in Colorado.

ryleez

Postby ryleez » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Well I was born in Cheyenne so I guess I can die there too haha. Thanks for the post

AR75

Postby AR75 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:19 pm

It's Gerry Spence's alma mater. Go for that reason.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 pm

do you want to work in WY after graduation? that all you need to know. HTH.

wajihc

Postby wajihc » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:27 am

http://www.uwyo.edu/law/_files/docs/Car ... o-2009.pdf

Where do Wyoming grads go after they graduate?
Regional Information (Class of 2009) In-State: 58.8%
Out of State: 41.2%

--LinkRemoved--

35/59 (59.3%) are employed in Wyoming.

Also, Denver is 2.5 hours away. It seems reasonable to say that a UW grad can compete adequately for employment in the metro-Denver area.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 am

When I was at the U of Alabama ASD the Career services guy said they currently had NO alumni in WY so.... Southeast may not be the best way to get to WY, but the career services guy also said you'd be his "favorite Student" if you did decide to go to WY, so i'm sure he'd work hard for you. I only say this because you said you were from AL and so the tuition would likely be the cheapest for you there.

Return to “Law School FAQ”