NYU 1L - Taking ?'s

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bk1

Re: NYU 1L - Taking ?'s

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 pm

NYU2011 wrote:
bk1 wrote:Any ideas on how easy/hard it is to find a pet-friendly apartment close to NYU?

Since I saw this question wasn't answered, I just wanted to jump in and say it's easy to find pet friendly housing in the Village. Most places have breed restrictions though.

Do they allow cats? I know some apartments are more willing to accept small dogs and cats.

NYU2011

Postby NYU2011 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Yes, it should be easy to find a place that takes cats. NYU housing doesn't of course.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:55 pm

bmwhype2 wrote:Why does NYU take the average LSAT

(http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm)
"If I take the LSAT more than once, does the Committee see the higher score?
Yes, but they evaluate based on the average score in most cases. The Committee may take special circumstances into account. If a candidate can point out specific reasons why the Committee should consider an LSAT score aberrant, they should detail those reasons in an addendum to the personal statement."

...but other schools such as UChicago follow ABA policy and take the highest LSAT?
(http://www.law.uchicago.edu/node/1454)
"How does the Admissions Committee evaluate multiple LSAT scores?
We will review all LSAT scores that you have received. In accordance with the American Bar Association and LSAC policies, we will focus on the highest LSAT score and report the highest score. Any large differences between LSAT scores should be explained in an addendum attached to your application and be honest about the discrepancy in your scores. We simply want to know why one score is a better predictor of your ability than another."

People are actually not quite sure if they do average the LSAT scores. They "say" they still do; but from I hear if they actually implemented this policy a lot of use would never have gotten in.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Yo. I'm up and taking questions whilst I avoid my reading. Any body got any?

Return to “Law School FAQ”