Withdraws calculation into LSAC GPA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
whymeohgodno

Gold

Withdraws calculation into LSAC GPA

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:11 am

At my school there is a drop that says "Drop - Retain record" and another one that is "Drop with penalty".

The retain record one just says:
" A class dropped on or before this date will be retained on your academic record with a status of dropped."

Will this affect my LSAC gpa?

straxen

Bronze

Re: Withdraws calculation into LSAC GPA

Post by straxen » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 am

The "retain record" drop shouldn't enter into it. But the "drop-penalty" sounds like a punitive drop that would be treated as an F, how did your school treat it in your GPA?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 am

straxen wrote:The "retain record" drop shouldn't enter into it. But the "drop-penalty" sounds like a punitive drop that would be treated as an F, how did your school treat it in your GPA?
They didn't count my W's into my gpa.

ly2010

Bronze

Post by ly2010 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 pm

I have one X, a class I dropped before it the deadline and before it would negatively calculate into my GPA, on my transcript (which sounds like your P without penalty). I just checked my grade report a few minutes ago and it didn't count as an F. If I were you, I would just submit early (like now), find out what they did, and then talk to them about it and try to petition and clear it up with your university?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Drop-retain is a nonpunitive W, so it won't be counted by LSAC. If you want to double-check, you can always look up LSAC's policy for your UG here: http://www.lsac.org/Members/TranscriptK ... earch.aspx

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”