Does senior year matter? And double major question. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
thedude221

Bronze

Does senior year matter? And double major question.

Post by thedude221 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm supposed to graduate in spring, but plan on sending my applications out in about a month. The reason why I'm curious is that on my application it will say that I have a double major but by the time I graduate I may not have completed the requirements of the second major (sociology btw) either because of schedule restraints or more likely my hatred of sociology will just keep me from taking the necessary classes. Will this matter? Will University of Chicago which Im ED'ing to see that i actually didn't graduate with a double major and change its mind or something or could I have the minute benefits of applying with a double major without the hassle of actually completing the two. Keep in mind it is two liberal arts double majors so it probably doesn't matter much anyway but i was just curious.

ARTfulDodger

New

Re: Does senior year matter? And double major question.

Post by ARTfulDodger » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Do you have enough credits to declare a minor? If so, just do that instead. However, I don't understand why you would continue taking sociology class if you *hate* it. It shouldn't affect any of your admissions prospects as long as you don't say that you are double major on your apps.

jayn3

Silver

Re: Does senior year matter? And double major question.

Post by jayn3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:43 pm

i went through exactly this situation, actually. i ended up just sucking it up and taking one more soc class each semester so i'd have the degree....my other major was a language, which is arguably even less useful than sociology. but soc can be really, really awful and i definitely see why you'd want to drop it.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”