I am going to law school because...

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

I am going to law school because

I want to help people
19
7%
I want to defend those who cannot defend themselves
18
6%
I care about the issues of others
22
8%
All of the above
63
22%
I'm greedy and selfish and only care about the money
170
58%
 
Total votes: 292

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:45 pm

skoobily doobily wrote:I'm going to law school to make as much money as possible. Get off your high horse.


This. And I'm not good enough at math for finance.

Which is why I'm going to be a tax lawyer. :shock: :shock:

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby motiontodismiss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
JustBelieve wrote:It's not about becoming rich, but if you mean successful, then the obvious and apparent answer is yes. You can be whatever you set your mind to. You must, however, have the grades!! Get that GPA in the upper echelon of your school and you will be good.

Nothing is more important than your grades.


In the legal profession doesn't succesful = at least relative wealth?


Success = (Money + Prestige)^(How many times the lottery was won)/# of Diseases Acquired Whoring Oneself Out to Get there^(# of times struck by lightning)


I was going to say, hey you can't divide by zero!....

.....but then I realized that anything to the zeroth power is 1, not zero. 10th grade algebra FAIL.

User avatar
fugitivejammer
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:34 am

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby fugitivejammer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

motiontodismiss wrote:
skoobily doobily wrote:I'm going to law school to make as much money as possible. Get off your high horse.


This. And I'm not good enough at math for finance.

Which is why I'm going to be a tax lawyer. :shock: :shock:


well...u dont rly need to b good at math to get into finance or b good at it....but w/e, it's too late now. i'll c u in LS

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MTal » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:30 pm

None of the above are legitimate reasons for going to law school. If you attend because of any of them you will be miserable, in both law school, and when you start practicing.

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:10 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
paratactical wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

Tugboat could not hold enough douche for that vagina there.

Lol...too bad I'm more or less set to make mince meat out of everyone at Harvard next year, so I can understand the bitterness.

MW


With a 174+3.8? Really?

Plus some pretty amazing softs; waiting on the jr2...but don't worry about me- I'll be fine either way :D

MW

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:13 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
paratactical wrote:Tugboat could not hold enough douche for that vagina there.


That's the type of douche you don't want to hold. It's a type you want to tug around 40 feet behind you at all times.

Shhhh...isn't it time for your nap?

MW


Are you asking me if I want a blowjob?

Sorry, I'm not, and isn't that getting to be a little inappropriate now? What, are you threatened that I'm a woman? Is that why you're resorting to sexual references?

MW

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 pm

firemedicprelaw wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:Lol...too bad I'm more or less set to make mince meat out of everyone at Harvard next year, so I can understand the bitterness.

MW


With a 174+3.8? Really?


+1

To MW: Chill. Seriously. Obtain prescription for THC or one of the popular benzos for anxiety. Take said prescription. You will like us all a lot more, and will think we are a lot funnier, status-post "high." It will also make your rejection from HYS more palatable, just FYI.

Shhhh...go write some more sentence fragments- it'll make you feel better. And if Harvard is a rejection, then I guess I'll have to settle for Stanford...awww shucks lol.

MW

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:16 pm

3|ink wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:This poll is flawed...up the ASS (excuse my French).

MW


This wasn't trolling. This was just plain mean.


Well, it is. I was going for crude, but mean works too :).

MW

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby clintonius » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Oh look, my first foe, on any forum. Feels good.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am

MysticalWheel wrote:
3|ink wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:This poll is flawed...up the ASS (excuse my French).

MW


This wasn't trolling. This was just plain mean.


Well, it is. I was going for crude, but mean works too :).

MW

Can I just ask why you feel the need to type MW at the end of every post? Well I completely understand that it can sometimes be difficult for someone to remember their own initials, you do know your screen name is displayed beside all your posts? Because honestly, the rest of us know where display names are located, so I can only imagine that placing your initials at the end of every post fulfills some need of yours.

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:19 am

CastleRock wrote:Can I just ask why you feel the need to type MW at the end of every post? Well I completely understand that it can sometimes be difficult for someone to remember their own initials, you do know your screen name is displayed beside all your posts? Because honestly, the rest of us know where display names are located, so I can only imagine that placing your initials at the end of every post fulfills some need of yours.

Despite what I may have said earlier, I include "MW" as a suffix to my posts because it gives them a nice, tidy end point. Psychologically, it is the same reason why I don't really like convertibles: the car looks incomplete. I hope that answers your question :wink:.

MW

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby beachbum » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:08 am

Dear everyone,

Please do not give MW attention. She (?) will respond to every. single. one. of your posts with a snide, self-serving remark, which you will feel compelled to refute. This will escalate into a full-scale argument which will quickly degenerate into baseless mud-slinging and name-calling. The thread will be locked, and everyone will come away feeling dumber for having ever entered into the discussion. This process was repeated several times yesterday, bringing into question MW's continued (undesirable?) presence on these forums. Just a heads-up.

BB

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am

beachbum wrote:Dear everyone,

Please do not give MW attention. She (?) will respond to every. single. one. of your posts with a snide, self-serving remark, which you will feel compelled to refute. This will escalate into a full-scale argument which will quickly degenerate into baseless mud-slinging and name-calling. The thread will be locked, and everyone will come away feeling dumber for having ever entered into the discussion. This process was repeated several times yesterday, bringing into question MW's continued (undesirable?) presence on these forums. Just a heads-up.

BB

You know, I actually see myself as a crusader (crusaderette?) of a sort, against douchebags, and hence, a positive influence on these forums. If I am wrong, I admit it; the problem is people who are sometimes wrong but are too egotistical to concede a point. I've already started not replying to every stupid post, so your proclamation above is/was really unnecessary.

MW

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:17 am

MysticalWheel wrote:
beachbum wrote:Dear everyone,

Please do not give MW attention. She (?) will respond to every. single. one. of your posts with a snide, self-serving remark, which you will feel compelled to refute. This will escalate into a full-scale argument which will quickly degenerate into baseless mud-slinging and name-calling. The thread will be locked, and everyone will come away feeling dumber for having ever entered into the discussion. This process was repeated several times yesterday, bringing into question MW's continued (undesirable?) presence on these forums. Just a heads-up.

BB

You know, I actually see myself as a crusader of a sort, against douchebags, and hence, a positive influence on these forums. If I am wrong, I admit it; the problem is people who are sometimes wrong but are too egotistical to concede a point. I've already started not replying to every stupid post, so your proclamation above is/was really unnecessary.

I no substance to add here.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby paratactical » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:26 am

ResolutePear wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
beachbum wrote:Dear everyone,

Please do not give MW attention. She (?) will respond to every. single. one. of your posts with a snide, self-serving remark, which you will feel compelled to refute. This will escalate into a full-scale argument which will quickly degenerate into baseless mud-slinging and name-calling. The thread will be locked, and everyone will come away feeling dumber for having ever entered into the discussion. This process was repeated several times yesterday, bringing into question MW's continued (undesirable?) presence on these forums. Just a heads-up.

BB

You know, I actually see myself as a crusader of a sort, against douchebags, and hence, a positive influence on these forums. If I am wrong, I admit it; the problem is people who are sometimes wrong but are too egotistical to concede a point. I've already started not replying to every stupid post, so your proclamation above is/was really unnecessary.

I have no substance to add here.


BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT

FTFY

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby firemed » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:58 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
firemedicprelaw wrote:
To MW: Chill. Seriously. Obtain prescription for THC or one of the popular benzos for anxiety. Take said prescription. You will like us all a lot more, and will think we are a lot funnier, status-post "high." It will also make your rejection from HYS more palatable, just FYI.

Shhhh...go write some more sentence fragments- it'll make you feel better. And if Harvard is a rejection, then I guess I'll have to settle for Stanford...awww shucks lol.

MW


The best you can do in my response is to point out that my posts on an internet forum regularly use sentence fragments?

You are the reason, BTW, that LS admissions should use interviews.

User avatar
MysticalWheel
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby MysticalWheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:18 pm

firemedicprelaw wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:
firemedicprelaw wrote:
To MW: Chill. Seriously. Obtain prescription for THC or one of the popular benzos for anxiety. Take said prescription. You will like us all a lot more, and will think we are a lot funnier, status-post "high." It will also make your rejection from HYS more palatable, just FYI.

Shhhh...go write some more sentence fragments- it'll make you feel better. And if Harvard is a rejection, then I guess I'll have to settle for Stanford...awww shucks lol.

MW


The best you can do in my response is to point out that my posts on an internet forum regularly use sentence fragments?

You are the reason, BTW, that LS admissions should use interviews.

Lol...I hope you rationalize better in LS.

MW

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby beachbum » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, here we go again.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby paratactical » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

beachbum wrote:Well, here we go again.

Do you think she is more or less of a cunt in real life?

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby beachbum » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 pm

paratactical wrote:
beachbum wrote:Well, here we go again.

Do you think she is more or less of a cunt in real life?


I'm actually legitimately curious. And I really want to know what she looks like. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity on my end, but I think it would explain a lot. Hopefully someone at HCCN finds her out next year.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 pm

paratactical wrote:
beachbum wrote:Well, here we go again.

Do you think she is more or less of a cunt in real life?

Flame

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby paratactical » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:30 pm

beachbum wrote:
paratactical wrote:
beachbum wrote:Well, here we go again.

Do you think she is more or less of a cunt in real life?


I'm actually legitimately curious. And I really want to know what she looks like. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity on my end, but I think it would explain a lot. Hopefully someone at HCCN finds her out next year.

Generally the guys who are this awful are either really really attractive and stupid or really really ugly. Given her LSAT, I'm guessing she's an objective 3.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:34 pm

paratactical wrote:
beachbum wrote:
paratactical wrote:
beachbum wrote:Well, here we go again.

Do you think she is more or less of a cunt in real life?


I'm actually legitimately curious. And I really want to know what she looks like. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity on my end, but I think it would explain a lot. Hopefully someone at HCCN finds her out next year.

Generally the guys who are this awful are either really really attractive and stupid or really really ugly. Given her LSAT, I'm guessing she's an objective 3.

Would you hit?

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby paratactical » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:36 pm

JazzOne wrote:Would you hit?

No. I never sleep with girls that annoying, unless they're hot and okay with ball gags.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: I am going to law school because...

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:38 pm

paratactical wrote:
JazzOne wrote:Would you hit?

No. I never sleep with girls that annoying, unless they're hot and okay with ball gags.

I'd hit, just to shut her up.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests