Two Resumes?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
MJS83

Two Resumes?

Postby MJS83 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 am

I have a question regarding applications:

I have two resumes - one for my artistic career and another detailing my more traditional experience (education/work/etc).

The depth and scope of my artistic career out paces the experience listed on my traditional resume however I feel the information on both resumes provides the most accurate representation of my potential as a law school candidate.

Should I work to combine the best information from both and submit one resume? Or Should I submit two?

katjust

Re: Two Resumes?

Postby katjust » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 am

Make the best resume you can and submit the one. When I applied I submitted my CV.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 pm

MJS83 wrote:Should I work to combine the best information from both and submit one resume? Or Should I submit two?

I combined my athletics resume with my professional one when I submitted. I just created a seperate section with it's own heading after the traditional sections. If it is import to you (and it should), combine.

Make the best resume you can and submit the one. When I applied I submitted my CV.

Did you submit your full CV? I trimmed it down to 1 and a half page to fit the other resume in. I thought they don't like to see more than 2-pagers. My CV is longer than 2 pages already.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Keep it short and simple. Schools hate it when applicants send really really long documents. Combine the two resumes and put more emphasis on your artistic experience if you feel its necessary.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School FAQ”