Law enforcement Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
thedude221

Bronze

Law enforcement

Post by thedude221 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:17 pm

For anyone on here he worked for their DA, AG or in the Justice Department I was just curious if that work was fulfilling. I plan on attending a top 25 law school next year and Im trying to decide what to do once I'm done. I like the idea of public service but I also wonder whether I might be more useful in a law firm where I can make more money to direct towards various causes but I'm interested in law enforcement also so any answers I could get would be helpful.

dabbadon8

Silver

Re: Law enforcement

Post by dabbadon8 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 pm

thedude221 wrote:For anyone on here he worked for their DA, AG or in the Justice Department I was just curious if that work was fulfilling. I plan on attending a top 25 law school next year and Im trying to decide what to do once I'm done. I like the idea of public service but I also wonder whether I might be more useful in a law firm where I can make more money to direct towards various causes but I'm interested in law enforcement also so any answers I could get would be helpful.
I would say (interned at state attorneys office mostly on homicide) it depends on the type of cases, where you are working and what your personal values are. I believe as did most people there that it has to be a passion because the money (especially on the district level) isn't there.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”