Canadian Law Schools

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
nshaikh

Canadian Law Schools

Postby nshaikh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Hey all,

If there is a similar post like this one, I apologize. I must have overlooked this. A lot of the post and school rankings/admission's I've read on this forum are mostly about US LS, and as extremely helpful that is (really, it is extremely helpful; thank you to all) as a fellow Cdn student I was wondering if there are other Cdn university students on this forum who would be able to give some insight regarding our own LS process/admission.

One thing I have noticed in particular ( correct me if I am wrong please) is that ranking for our LS isn't that publicized, obviously UofT & McGill are top notch but other schools such as QueensU, OttawaU, UVic, UBC, Dalhousie, Osgoode follow just as well. Nonetheless, that is just a minor observation I have seen, ranking is something I don't find myself particularly concerned with when it comes to these schools... am I mistaken?

On to my question, I know UVic & UBC do this, where they exclude your lowest marks in your GPA... does anyone know if its for your last two years or from your cumulative GPA?

Also from the admission sites of many LS here in Canada, I've seen that their LSAT median is relatively the same.Are there known schools that are splitter schools? ( High LSAT/Low UGPA)

Last question, for Ontario schools I know students have to apply through OLSAS... but for the other provinces ( other than your home province) does LSAC send applications to the other schools like it does for US ones?)

Thanks!

MJMD

Re: Canadian Law Schools

Postby MJMD » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.lawstudents.ca

Nah, nshaikh, there isn't a single post similar to this one: there are only several thousand posts similar to this one. You must have overlooked this because you didn't look.

In answer to your last question, NO. LSAC has nothing to do with Canada.

nshaikh

Postby nshaikh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Again, I apologize for that. But thank you for the link.

hugoboss

Postby hugoboss » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:45 pm

actually you can apply to ubc through lsac

Return to “Law School FAQ”