Multiple LoRs - Same envelope or no? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Multiple LoRs - Same envelope or no?

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello again everyone. A search of this topic returned nothing but people talking about basic LoR questions and nothing addressed this question.

The best guidance I've seen so far was from LSAC itself, where it suggested that each LoR should be "attached" to the LoR Barcode Form in proper order, but also cautioned not to use staples! So... that leaves paper clips (big and unwieldly) or separate envelopes. I already plan to prepare document mailers with postage affixed for my letter writers so all they need to do is print the letter, sign, etc, and send it off. I am having multiple "target" letters written, so for instance, Professor X is writing 4 letters for me. Can she simply attach each letter, via paper clip, to its proper form and then insert them all into the same big mailer for its departure to LSAC?

Thanks in advance!

flyingpanda

Silver

Re: Multiple LoRs - Same envelope or no?

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hello again everyone. A search of this topic returned nothing but people talking about basic LoR questions and nothing addressed this question.

The best guidance I've seen so far was from LSAC itself, where it suggested that each LoR should be "attached" to the LoR Barcode Form in proper order, but also cautioned not to use staples! So... that leaves paper clips (big and unwieldly) or separate envelopes. I already plan to prepare document mailers with postage affixed for my letter writers so all they need to do is print the letter, sign, etc, and send it off. I am having multiple "target" letters written, so for instance, Professor X is writing 4 letters for me. Can she simply attach each letter, via paper clip, to its proper form and then insert them all into the same big mailer for its departure to LSAC?

Thanks in advance!
Yes that's fine, but I would just have your prof fax these letters to LSAC.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:47 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hello again everyone. A search of this topic returned nothing but people talking about basic LoR questions and nothing addressed this question.

Thanks in advance!
How can LSAC be sure that, say, I'm not faxing letters that I wrote, though?

I guess the same thing goes with mailing... so do most people have them faxed?

AR75

New

Post by AR75 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 pm

If you're sending multiple LOR's to different schools, I would not suggest one envelope.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
flyingpanda wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I guess the answer to that is they really don't have a way of knowing unless they actually contact whoever wrote the letter. Most people don't fax because they don't know that you can fax. However, I highly recommend it.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 am

flyingpanda wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
flyingpanda wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I guess the answer to that is they really don't have a way of knowing unless they actually contact whoever wrote the letter. Most people don't fax because they don't know that you can fax. However, I highly recommend it.
The only experience I've had with faxing was really negative in nature. I mean, they don't have people sitting around their fax line all day, and if the professor faxes at a weird, off-time, then it might get circular filed or who knows (not even picked up, maybe?).

Therefore, I am just going to do it the old fashioned way through the mail. Perhaps an irrational fear, but one I am going to indulge this time around.

Thanks for all the advice on this matter =]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”