Study Abroad GPA --> LSDAS GPA Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Canarsie

Bronze

Re: Study Abroad GPA --> LSDAS GPA

Post by Canarsie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I called LSAC and they said that since the sponsoring institution was Syracuse University, I do have to send the transcript and the grades WILL count. I am supposed to list it as "other institutions attended" and not foreign institutions. The woman on the phone led me to believe that if I went through another institution, such as IES, the grades would not count. I personally recommend anyone in this situation call and make sure if they have any doubt. Took two minutes.

Also posted this on top so it's easier to find for people.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:42 pm

This is how my intl transcripts have been initially reflected in my transcript status on lsac.org:

I'm guessing the reason its held is the 'courtesy copy' reason. Oh well, the grades are good, at least adcomms will see them even if they aren't added into my overall LSDAS GPA.

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:52 pm

:P
Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canarsie

Bronze

Post by Canarsie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
sundance95 wrote:This is how my intl transcripts have been initially reflected in my transcript status on lsac.org:

I'm guessing the reason its held is the 'courtesy copy' reason. Oh well, the grades are good, at least adcomms will see them even if they aren't added into my overall LSDAS GPA.

This is what I thought would happen. But Canarsie's post/case is interesting.
The important way my case differs is it was through an American sponsor (Syracuse University). If I studied directly at a foreign university or went through a study abroad program such as CIEE, IES, etc. it would not count. So I am assuming the other American-sponsored programs should count: NYU, Butler, Minnesota, Syracuse, etc. I obviously only know the specifics of my own situation.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Canarsie wrote: The important way my case differs is it was through an American sponsor (Syracuse University). If I studied directly at a foreign university or went through a study abroad program such as CIEE, IES, etc. it would not count. So I am assuming the other American-sponsored programs should count: NYU, Butler, Minnesota, Syracuse, etc. I obviously only know the specifics of my own situation.
I'm inclined to agree with your analysis; all that remains to be seen is how LSAC handles it. Let us know how it goes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:16 pm

:wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”