Class dress and other queries... Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
trialjunky

Silver

Re: Class dress and other queries...

Post by trialjunky » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:00 pm

rad law wrote:Only the finest suits money can buy. Dress for success. Those who appear successful are successful.

--ImageRemoved--
That's one smartly dressed mofo!!

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

CaptainCrunch wrote:As for going to Catholic, I don't have much choice. I was waitlisted at Villanova (and a few others) but rejected everywhere else. I had a terrible undergrad GPA due to my laziness.
Is there a bomb that will go off if you don't attend law school immediately? You have a choice. Catholic is likely going to leave you debt-ridden and jobless.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:38 pm

RVP11 wrote:Is there a bomb that will go off if you don't attend law school immediately?
And if he said yes?

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:41 pm

bk187 wrote:
RVP11 wrote:Is there a bomb that will go off if you don't attend law school immediately?
And if he said yes?
Then it is already too late. :cry:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Thank you for thiese queries. Perhaps next time just use the word question.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barolo

New

Post by Barolo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:27 pm

It's funny. We get riled up when people come to TLS and tell us that we're making a big mistake by going to law school, but then we insult an earnest question and OP's school of choice.

This isn't a call for civility -- not at all. I really enjoy the petty bitchiness that is encouraged by these tubes they call the interweb. TLS draws a lot of smart kids with lots of unspoken anxiety and too much time on their hands, I'm with Hobbes -- this is bound to happen: eating the young. Civilization, in many ways, is rather boring; it is the abberations that induce excitement. We don't like to be entertained, we live to be entertained.

OP, welcome. Learn to use the search function (n00bs get Br8ted constantly for this most serious transgression of decorum). Also, you'll catch a lot of flack on here for possessing what I imagine to be relatively right-leaning tendencies -- much to your credit, you have not yet taken any of the bait -- this is a sound strategy. Do not engage your critics, mock them.

BUT. In answer to your questions:
Wear a suit if you want to wear one, but haters may hate. But don't sweat the haters.
Saving money: learn to cook but don't learn to cook too well -- cooking is way more expensive for me than going out. Don't go to bars. Driving and dating are also quite expensive. But don't skimp on toilet paper and Apple products are totally worth it.

Also, they're not wholly wrong about this job prospect business. If you want to make this worth the debt, you must kick a serious amount of ass coming out of Catholic. It's not hate, it's a simple math problem. Your biggest concern right now is grades. Clothes are important -- don't get me wrong -- but grades are crucial.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Barolo, some of us are capable of snark AND good advice. My first post had a little of both. But I do agree with you generally... there is a place for lulz and memes, and there is a place for honest advice.

My honest to god advice (basically reposted): OP, wear whatever you want. I wouldn't wear a suit and tie, and you definitely don't need to. If you usually wear nice polos or sweaters, do that. If you usually wear flip flops and jeans, then do that. If you tuck your shirt in, do that. If you wear baggy clothes, do that.

Dress to your own tastes, essentially.

Barolo

New

Post by Barolo » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Romo, agreed. You're often the source of such -- good advice presented in snarky form. Might as well have some fun with it, right? There's a fine line between mean and funny -- and I do not suggest that you've crossed it -- but others in this thread were less clever in their dismissals of OPs chosen path.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:27 pm

romothesavior wrote: If you tuck your shirt in, do that.
Don't do that

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Billy Blanks

Bronze

Post by Billy Blanks » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
romothesavior wrote: If you tuck your shirt in, do that.
Don't do that
A modest proposal.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Leave this at home.

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Post by vespertiliovir » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm

TheOcho wrote:Image

Leave this at home.Wear this every day.
Fixed.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm

You could go for a little bit of everything like this guy:

--ImageRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:49 pm

romothesavior wrote:You could go for a little bit of everything like this guy:

--ImageRemoved--
Business causal.

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Post by vespertiliovir » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:50 pm

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

CaptainCrunch

New

Post by CaptainCrunch » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Barolo wrote:It's funny. We get riled up when people come to TLS and tell us that we're making a big mistake by going to law school, but then we insult an earnest question and OP's school of choice.

This isn't a call for civility -- not at all. I really enjoy the petty bitchiness that is encouraged by these tubes they call the interweb. TLS draws a lot of smart kids with lots of unspoken anxiety and too much time on their hands, I'm with Hobbes -- this is bound to happen: eating the young. Civilization, in many ways, is rather boring; it is the abberations that induce excitement. We don't like to be entertained, we live to be entertained.

OP, welcome. Learn to use the search function (n00bs get Br8ted constantly for this most serious transgression of decorum). Also, you'll catch a lot of flack on here for possessing what I imagine to be relatively right-leaning tendencies -- much to your credit, you have not yet taken any of the bait -- this is a sound strategy. Do not engage your critics, mock them.
Nonsense, no offense is taken by any jabs here. As you said, this is the internet, it's to be expected. I have enjoyed the lulz from the pictures posted. As an aside, thanks for the straight-forward, kick-ass post. I will keep the search function in mind here on out.

Barolo wrote:BUT. In answer to your questions:
Wear a suit if you want to wear one, but haters may hate. But don't sweat the haters.
Saving money: learn to cook but don't learn to cook too well -- cooking is way more expensive for me than going out. Don't go to bars. Driving and dating are also quite expensive. But don't skimp on toilet paper and Apple products are totally worth it.

Also, they're not wholly wrong about this job prospect business. If you want to make this worth the debt, you must kick a serious amount of ass coming out of Catholic. It's not hate, it's a simple math problem. Your biggest concern right now is grades. Clothes are important -- don't get me wrong -- but grades are crucial.
Noted on all counts.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Holy balls, why attack the dude?

Anyway, OP, I will be enjoying the hell out t-shirts and shorts as much as I can. Once you get a job, that option goes away.

Plus, it's going to be hot as balls when school starts. A suit would be a surefire way to both sweat myself to death and get stuffed in a locker.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rando

Silver

Post by rando » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Barolo wrote:It's funny. We get riled up when people come to TLS and tell us that we're making a big mistake by going to law school, but then we insult an earnest question and OP's school of choice.

BUT. In answer to your questions:

One of the best posts i've read on TLS.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:48 am

kalvano wrote:Holy balls, why attack the dude?

Anyway, OP, I will be enjoying the hell out t-shirts and shorts as much as I can. Once you get a job, that option goes away.

Plus, it's going to be hot as balls when school starts. A suit would be a surefire way to both sweat myself to death and get stuffed in a locker.
They still do that in law school? Damn I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that after undergrad.

mountaintime

Bronze

Post by mountaintime » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:38 pm

vespertiliovir wrote:There are dozens of us! Dozens!
did you go to the convention?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Holy balls, why attack the dude?

They still do that in law school? Damn I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that after undergrad.

And they pants you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
romothesavior wrote:You could go for a little bit of everything like this guy:

--ImageRemoved--
Business causal.
Where did you find that picture of me?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.